Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating Model is unstable

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cprice
808 Views, 7 Replies

Navigating Model is unstable

In Design Review 2012 navigating around a fairly detail 3D building (6MB) model.  The file becomes unstable and crashes consistently when viewing/moving around longer than 2-3 minutes.  It just hangs and becomes unresponsive.  I've waited an hour and it does not recover when this occurs.

This makes the program virtually useless for displaying models to our clients and walking around them in realtime.  We have Navisworks also which is more reliable.  But DR is quicker and easier to install and would prefer to use it.  Have others experienced this?  Is there a fix?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
herbert.he
in reply to: cprice

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Could you please post that DWF/x file onto our ftp? So that I can try to reproduce and investigate this issue.

ftp://files.autodesk.com/ 

LoginID :      discussion

Password:  ADR2009CST

Please let me know once the file is posted.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
cprice
in reply to: herbert.he

File has now been uploaded.  I sent you a PM with the details.

Message 4 of 8
herbert.he

Thank you for you feedback.

In case you didn't know that if you switch 3D driver to Direct3D you can take advantage of better 3D model performance. You can switch 3D driver on "Model" tab of options dialog.

Anyway, if it does help, I have logged an WISHLIST in our database and we will consider to improve 3D model performance in further releases.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
cprice

It was already using Direct 3D.  PC has a 1.2GB Geforce 570GTX, 24GB DDR3 RAM, and Core i7 3.4GHz CPU, with 240GB SSD.  So I doubt its a limitation of the hardware.  Running the latest drivers.

It crashes within 20-30 seconds of consistant 3D navigation.  I monitored the performance during that period.  It was consistently using 13% CPU (1 single core at 100%) and the RAM slowly grew until it hit 1.5GB of usage, then it crashed...

Message 6 of 8
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

It's very helpful for us to investigate this issue. Any update on this I will let you know.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
lenz1800
in reply to: herbert.he

Hi, I have same problem, but i have 30mb size i try to upload the model for you to have a look. I'm using autodesk DR 2013 my PC set up is  ( i7-2600@3.40GHz, RAM is 16.0MB, 64-bit W7 ultimate, VC is Nvidia quadro 600.

thanks in advanced

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Friend, you are responding to a three year old post, and ADR development stopped last year (no more fixes or new versions ever again).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report