Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilingual deployments

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
471 Views, 2 Replies

Multilingual deployments

I wonder if you would be kind enough to offer us some guidance with regard to deploying this application in a multilingual environment. We have a client who requires if for their users in  Germany , Spain Finland ,Ireland ..etc  .I know it is available for download in different languages ? Ideally we would like to deploy just one package to all countries. From what I have read on your website I suspect we may need a separate package for each language/country, I don’t think the software can  automatically align itself with the  OS language or allow the user to switch between languages . Can you confirm that ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Separate install packages are required: BTW, development of this software stopped in the year 2012 and is likely to move to a cloud solution eventually.
Message 3 of 3
m_latz
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create your own setup controller for design review.

To know what you have to call in which order check the setup.ini, there you can find all actions that are done through the normal installer.

If you want to combine different language versions, check which prerequisites are language independent, then create a "multi language" package.

What you can do also is to use patch software to reduce also the package size for different languages.

We did this last year for design review 2013 (En-De-Es-Fr-It-Jp-Ko-Po-Pt-Ru-Chs) and true view 2015 (En-Fr-Jp). The overall package size was 1.5 GB.

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report