Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Ribbon in IE9 Win7-64

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
asbuilts
1375 Views, 4 Replies

Missing Ribbon in IE9 Win7-64

Hopefully someone has an idea for me to track down this issue.

I have an embedded DWF in IE9 on Win7-64 with ADR2013 (and 2012) and none of the menus, ribbon or right click menu shows up. I can run commands with the shortcut keys but no menus. The drawing is visible and I can pan and do mark-ups.

This is on an intranet site with the lowest browser security setting. I have Active Scripting on. I have gone through all of the browser settings I can think of.

This is not an issue on XP with IE8 nor with starting ADR as a desktop application.

My best guess is that it has something to do with security because I have a dev machine with Win7-64 and this is not happing there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asbuilts
in reply to: asbuilts

Can Anyone out there provide some ideas on why this is happening?

Is there any dependencies for the toolbar? Is a function of dwf versus dwfx? A .NET issue? Admin rights?

We are trying to get casual users (in the field) of autocad plans to be able to view them in the browser and mark them up with any discrepancies. This is pretty difficult with no toolbar.

As mentioned I can use the shortcut keys so the functionality is there, just no ribbon. I don't have this issue on other Win7 64 bit machines.

Hopefully someone from the dev/support team monitors this.

Craig

Message 3 of 5
vgottipa

I am just guessing here, but may be worth a try.

Did you check any registry settings? hkey_current_user - software - appdatalow - software - autodesk - design review - user interface, on 'ribbon scheme' try setting the dword value to 1.

Message 4 of 5
asbuilts
in reply to: vgottipa

Thanks for the reply.

I just looked and this value is set to 1.

It's really strange because I have a few users that run ADR embedded on Win7-64bit and they have no problems. It's only this one company.

This makes me think it is something with the user profiles but I have no idea what the ribbon is dependent on. The machines have .NET 4.0 installed and all patched. It's very frustrating because we are trying to get non-CAD users to provide info/feedback and they "don't" have access to the markup tools.

It's just the ribbon visibility because all of the functionality is available through the shortcut keys. Unfortunately we just can't expect casual users to use the hot keys

Craig

Message 5 of 5
ofinext

Dear asbuilts

You have the same problem than me. Ribbons appear sometimes and sometime not. It´s frustating.

I hope some autodesk technical can help us.

We´ll be on touch

best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report