Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging DWFs on 64bit WIndows

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
FT398
1056 Views, 8 Replies

Merging DWFs on 64bit WIndows

On our 32bit Windows machines it's possible to select multiple DWF files, right-click and merge them but on 64bit Windows, no such context menu option is available. Is this standard behaviour for 64bit machines and is it possible to get the right-click system to work?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
herbert.he
in reply to: FT398

Thank you for your question.

Autodesk Design Review currently does not support this functionality on 64 bit systems. Your request has been added to the Feature Request System (ADRPO-586) and it will be considered for possible inclusion in future releases.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
acwtzwegers
in reply to: herbert.he

Almost a month later... Any news on this matter? Are Autodesk going to wait for a new version or will it be patchable?

It is kinda lame to have to go to a old PC in the office to merge dwf's.

Message 4 of 9
lundbea
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Thanks again for the feedback.  We don't have a fix available for this request.  We may consider this for the future release.

Message 5 of 9
NLTim

I know it is a work around, but...

You can open a file in Design Review, then drag and drop other files into the open file, then save/saveas

Message 6 of 9
jose.almeida
in reply to: herbert.he

Was this ever implemented?

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: jose.almeida

@jose.almeida Never implemented.
Also, ADR development stopped in the year 2016.
Message 8 of 9
larisabrownb

On our 32bit Windows machines it's possible to select multiple DWF files, right-click and merge them but on 64bit Windows, no such context menu.

Windows utility for converting DWF files to DWG format. to convert DWF (Design...can recover DWF...entities easily. DWF...your DWF.A 64-bit merge module 
can be merged into a 64-bit Windows Installer package. The Template Summary properties in the merge module and in the ... Using the Windows print driver " DWF Writer " you can generate files in the CAD publishing format DWF and DWFx from any Windows application.
 You can import and export your files in multiple formats, including Autodesk DWG, DWG, DWF, JPG, and BMP. Once a year I buy a scanner and I can ...

Message 9 of 9
gaitedhorsemarket1

Check the file associations for DWF files on the 64-bit machine. Right-click on a DWF file, select "Open with," and then "Choose another app" to see if there are any alternative programs listed that may offer the merge functionality. You can also check bkmenu the "Always use this app to open .dwf files" option to ensure that the selected program becomes the default for opening DWF files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report