Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markups in AutoCAD

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
dxarhoulakos
1865 Views, 14 Replies

Markups in AutoCAD

Is there a way to show when a markup is completed in AutoCAD, similar to the way you can in Design Review?

I know you can change the markup to done, or question, etc....

But I would like to be able to see the actual markup highlight in AutoCAD, when I make that change.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: dxarhoulakos

To my knowledge there is no automatic integration of updating the status and
making the changes. Right now a user changes the DWG and updates the markup
status. Thank you for this feature suggestion. I will pass it on to our
Product Designers.

wrote in message news:5532048@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is there a way to show when a markup is completed in AutoCAD, similar to the
way you can in Design Review?

I know you can change the markup to done, or question, etc....

But I would like to be able to see the actual markup highlight in AutoCAD,
when I make that change.
Message 3 of 15

It's been almost three years since this thread was intitiated. We're just now starting to look at using ADR in conjunction with ACA 2010, and are having the same problem. Why can't we change the color of the markup from, say red to green, while working in ACA. We can check a markup as done or review or question in the list view of the markup set manager, but when there are lots of freehand lines, how does one know which on the list matches the specific markup in the document? Furthermore, once checked, the graphic representation of the particualr markup does not change. Also, if someone has to leave a document for one reason or another in the middle of making changes based on the markups, or if we have to hand off partially completed markups to another person, we'd like to be able to see directly on the sheet which markups have been done. The Markup Set Manager and by extension ADR will be completely useless to us if we cannot view these changes graphically on the sheet.
Message 4 of 15

Methinks AutoDesk doesn't wish to talk about this issue...
Message 5 of 15

Wow, you'ld think someone would have posted a comment by now.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

You have made a feature request which all of the employees who have read
this forum have read by now. Yes I guess one of us should have acknowledged
your post. I am sorry about that. At this point the markup set manager of
AutoCAD is limited to allowing you to change the status of the markup but
not the color. In the same way that Design Review only lets you add markups
and not change the geometry published by the person using AutoCAD, AutoCAD
doesn't let you change the attributes of the markup created by the Design
Review user. Perhaps the thinking was that sometimes people use color for
meaning as in red = "I don't accept" and green = "I accept." Regardless this
is something that can be considered down the road. There is an established
workflow associated with Design Review and AutoCAD, and the team is always
looking for ways to extend that to more users.

wrote in message news:6329397@discussion.autodesk.com...
Wow, you'ld think someone would have posted a comment by now.
Message 7 of 15

Thank you so much for that, at least I now feel validated. For what its worth, as I posted earlier, it would be nice to visually see on the drawing that a particular mark-up has been tended to, whether its color changes or is simply faded or toned down somehow. Sorry for being such a smart *ss, just can't help it. No hard feelings.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

The old Autodesk View would create a RML file. The RML file only had the
markup. To see the complete picture, you had to load the DWG and the RML. If
the DWG had changed in the mean time, you were screwed. Autodesk Design
Review fixes that in that the data from the DWG is in the DWF or DFWx. When
you load the DWF (or DWFx) into AutoCAD, AutoCAD only loads the markup
against your DWG. If the DWG has changed and the markups no longer make
sense, you can go back to the DWF and see what the reviewer was complaining
about. So in terms of seeing the drawing that a particular mark-up has been
tended to, what is insufficient about looking at the DWF? You can run
AutoCAD and Design Review side by side.

wrote in message news:6330958@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thank you so much for that, at least I now feel validated. For what its
worth, as I posted earlier, it would be nice to visually see on the drawing
that a particular mark-up has been tended to, whether its color changes or
is simply faded or toned down somehow. Sorry for being such a smart *ss,
just can't help it. No hard feelings.
Message 9 of 15
mjung

We are starting to use Design Review as a markup tool as well and would like to be able to see the markups that have been changed to "Done". Running Design Review and AutoCAD side by side is fine for someone with dual monitors but having to switch back and forth on a single monitor is a little cumbersome, especially when the markups can be viewed in AutoCAD.

Adding the highlight option to the Markup Set Manager within AutoCAD would be so nice. Please continue the effort to get this added.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 10 of 15
TherealJD
in reply to: mjung

I have to agree with this. We're trying to adopt Design Review within the office for markup management. But users like to be able to view the completed changes in the environment where the changes are being done. (autocad)

The markup manager should have the ability to toggle a color state or change the background of the markup based on its status, similar to what can be done in Design Review. It would make the markup/review more efficient for users.

Message 11 of 15

Yay!  Glad to see more folks talking about this!  Maybe we can convince even more folks to post comments supporting this issue, so the fine folks at Autodask might be encouraged to do something!

Message 12 of 15
jcrump
in reply to: Steven_Cunningham

I'm surprised.  We're running into this problem right now.  When been trying to get ingrained in using AutoCAD so we assumed there was something around the management of markups we did not understand.  We've got an extensive number of markups on some sheets without unique names.  They're basically impossible to accurately track.  I'm guessing ultimately we could develop some sort of customized solution but I'm not sure how difficult that will be.  Does anyone else have any ideas??

Message 13 of 15

hahaha, don't you know that if Autodesk replies to a thread discussing an issue w/ any of their software they'd be acknowledging that the issue actually exists and there's no way anything could be wrong with one of their programs, surely it's a user related issue and you did something wrong or aren't using it correctly. They want new and future customers to purchase the software, they already got our money! Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
jcrump
in reply to: Steven_Cunningham

Well I didn't expect them reply but I thought they might.  You never know we might not be using Markup Manager as they intended or maybe we missed something.  Stranger things have happened.  However, in this case I don't think that is what is occurring.  We're going to have our Program and Project Managers utilize unique IDs to make things easier to track.  Additionally, we're looking at running Design Review in concert with AutoCAD to help locate and track the markups.  I don't see any other easy ways to address the issue.  The markups don't appear to assessible in a layer like regular drawing constructs.  Again any ideas someone has would be appreciated.

Message 15 of 15

Holy crap on a cracker!  I just thought that I'd give the ol' mark-up set manager a whirl; well low and behold when I changed the mark-up status to Done in the manager in ACA, closed it and opened the dwf in Design Review... wait for it... THE STATUS CHANGES WERE SAVED TO THE DWF!  I am completely floored right now!

Smiley Surprised

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report