Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marketing dialog box when you first run the application

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
lukas.haag
2434 Views, 9 Replies

marketing dialog box when you first run the application

Hi all,

i have installed AutodeskDesignReview 2011 on a Citrix terminalserver. All is working.

I have installed the msi with the following parameters:

ADR_DONOTSHOWAGAIN=1 ADR_NEXT_INITIAL_CHECK=1 PREFERENCELOCKED=1ADSK_DESKTOPSHORTCUT_1=0

The installation guide:

Autodesk Design Review 2011 should not check for updates now and you should not see the marketing dialog box when you first run the application.

For every user, who is starting the program first time, the marketing dialog box is shown.

How can i disable this dialog box??

Regards

Lukas

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cblocher
in reply to: lukas.haag

Can you please provide a screen cap of the "marketing" screen you're seeing?

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Message 3 of 10
lukas.haag
in reply to: cblocher

Hello,

i have attached a screenshot from the marketing dialog.

Lukas

Message 4 of 10
cblocher

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for the screen cap. The dialog box you're seeing is the program requesting that the user participate in the Autodesk Customer Involvement Program (CIP).

The command you found in the Design Review Install Guide is to prevent Design Review from checking for software updates. I don't believe it affects the opt-in dialog box you're seeing.

I will check with our SWD team to ensure my understanding is correct and to see if there is a way to programmatically prevent the CIP dialog box from displaying.

Best,

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 5 of 10
tvs84
in reply to: cblocher

Hey Chris

Is there a solution available for this issue? Having the same problem with the 2011 version when trying to do a silent install

Here's the parameters I'm using for the silent install 

MsiExec.exe /qn /i SetupDesignReview2011.msi

Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
jakeafton

I am having the same issue as well. As Lukas suggested, these parameters, at least according to the Installation Guide, should disable the Marketing Dialogue box when first opened. However, that is not the result I am getting. I've created an transform for the msi with the parameters, forced the registry entries into the registry, and anything else I can think of. Yet the CIP box still displays on first launch.

Is there a solution to this issue???

Thanks!

Jake

Message 7 of 10
jakeafton
in reply to: jakeafton

Well, I found a way to disable the Marketing Dialogue Box. I found these registry keys and disabled them, then ran them in tandem after the silent install and voilà! No more CIP box on initial startup.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\MC3]
"ActiveNotificationWaitTimeBeta"=dword:00000000
"ActiveNotification"=dword:00000000
"ActiveNotificationWaitTimeRelease"=dword:00000000
"ActiveNotificationWaitTimeBetaFirstStartup"=dword:00000000
"ProductSpecificNotification"=dword:00000000
"MC3Enabled"=dword:00000000
"ActiveNotificationWaitTimeReleaseFirstStartup"=dword:00000000

Message 8 of 10
cblocher
in reply to: jakeafton

Hi Jake,

Apologies for the delay in response. I was trying to get some detail, but all I could come up with was this blog post.

http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2007/04/cip_you_are_in_.html

From the looks of your solution, it seems like you were able to work it out.

Best,

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 9 of 10
canadianmade

I don' t understand why it is so hard for autodesk to make a deployment option for their products easy to use? They do it for the main programs so why can't they do it for TrueView and DesignReview.

Now I have to modify the registry because Autodesk doesn't give me a way to opt out of this annoying popup when deployting this application to 100's of computers. come on..............

Message 10 of 10
GTVic
in reply to: canadianmade

In the MSI file you can set MC3_ENABLED = #0 instead of #1 in the Property table to disable the CIP dialog. You may also be able to specify this parameter on the command line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report