Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links in DWFs changed after ADR2008

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1183 Views, 7 Replies

Links in DWFs changed after ADR2008

After moving to Design Review 2009 from 2008 the way links are handled in DWFs changed. We have used javascript in the href to force-open a window of desired size when the link is clicked. This doesn't work after 2009 was installed, and now we have more than 1000's DWFs with links that don't work. Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
herbert.he
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for reporting this issue.

ADR used to have a hperlink related defect in 2009 version. It has been fixed in the following versions. You can update ADR to the latest version from here

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. ADR 2009 is the USPS standard application for viewing DWF graphics and is loaded on thousands of machines. Upgrading to a new version is not a simple step. I was hoping there was a fix in ADR2009 that would solve our immediate problem. We can submit a request to have an upgrade to the latest version, but will require months and a significant expense for testing and deployment. Is there not a work around we can use until an upgrade can be implemented?

Message 4 of 8
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

Please 1) elaborate your requirement and 2) upload a sample code or an example .dwf file to this thread for me use to investigate.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: herbert.he

Herbert, I work with stevefavors8367 and have also been researching a fix for this problem. We use a three frame format that is dynamically generated. The DWF is loaded in the text frame while the parts table is loaded in the data frame. In the past we have been able to place a javascrip function in the hyperlinks of the DWF and upon selecting the hyperlinked index number on the drawing the table would regenerate and display the appropriate line of the table. ADR 2009 does not seem to recognize the hyperlink correctly and opens a new window in IE7 with an error stating the address could not be found. We need the table to load in the same window in the data frame. I have attached the code we are using to accomplish this as you requested. Thanks,

Message 6 of 8
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

Did you upgrade ADR to the latest version? If this issue still can be reproduced in ADR 2011, please let me know.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

No we have not upgraded to ADR2011. At this time upgrading is not an option, which is why we are looking for a fix to this issue with ADR2009. As mentioned in a previous post we have over 100,000 DWFs that no longer function in ADR2009. They have been tested in ADR2011 and will work with minimum effort, but it will take years to have ADR2011 approved for distribution by corporate IT. Therfore we need to establish a fix for what has been approved, ADR2009.

Message 8 of 8
whtank

You can send it to Tank.Tan@autodesk.com directly.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report