Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines lost in ADR2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
larsj
295 Views, 4 Replies

Lines lost in ADR2012

Hello,

We have a program which makes DWF-files on the fly based on data taken from a Access database. When we try our program in ADR2012 some lines aren't visible any more. In ADR2011 it works fine. See the attached file and please answer me if this is a feature by design or a bug. Lines which we've made as closed polygons are shown but no other ones. Also notice that the Texts M, M1, and M2 (see the end of the file) aren't shown. If you also could explain that it would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dickyshu
in reply to: larsj

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know this issue.

Yes, after verification, we noticed some content published by a few other programs may not display correct in ADR 2012, there already have a defect to record this issue, development team will keep it on track.

Thanks again for this valuable information, please attach those files that have same issue if you get any.

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
dickyshu

Quick update for this issue.

Our developer found it caused by a hotfix of ADR 2011, the hotfix is an enhancement on NOT display transparent object on Canvas, that's why ADR 2012 will not show these lines and text.

If you want these transparent objects displayed, you need to republish them from your application without transparent attribute.

Hope this helps on explaining why there is difference between ADR 2011 and 2012 displaying your dwf file.

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
larsj

Hello again.

I'm not sure I follow. Is it a bug or is there something I need to change in my program?

Regards

Lars Jensen

Message 5 of 5
dickyshu

Even we've recorded it as a defect, it is NOT a defect actually.

We support transparent object display from ADR 2012(More accurate is ADR 2011 hotfix), this caused those lines and text display as transparency.

You can configure your application to not set these objects as transparent, then you will be able to see them after republish.

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums