Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line looks thicker when zoom in

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
huanton
4774 Views, 11 Replies

Line looks thicker when zoom in

Gentlemen:

Please advise if there is a way to setup in Autodesk Design Review so the line and dimensions could be look the same when it zoom in.  Please refer to a screen shot for more detail.  Now it looks thicker when zoom in.

Thanks

Huan Ton
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: huanton

Not enough details: are you viewing a DWF or DWG? Who created the DWF? Can you share it, the image is not informative beyond showing a symptom, but you want the cause addressed.

Message 3 of 12
huanton
in reply to: pendean

I created it, I am a CAD Adminstrator at Anemostat Products.  My Engineering manager requested that the lines and dimensions must look the same when zoom in on Autodesk Design Review as  it does on Autodesk Inventor. I do not see any features control the line weight on Autodesk Design Review.  If you do please advise, thanks.

Huan Ton
Message 4 of 12
huanton

Anyone can advise me with this please! Thanks

Huan Ton
Message 5 of 12
pendean

You'll have to ask in Inventor forum how to create lines in PDF that all look alike: in AutoCAD, what you describe is either a plot style table setting or an LWEIGHT setting that needs to be removed before the viewer gets a hold of the file.

An Autodesk Viewer does not alter a file's settings, it only views what was created by the file supplier: how did you do that in the first place is what you need to change.

Message 6 of 12
huanton
in reply to: pendean

Thanks pendean,

Can you or someone help me how to set up in Autodesk Design Review so the line can look thin still when zoom in.

Please refer to attachment for more detail.  It is in DWF format not in dwg or idw.

If Autodesk Design Review does not have this feature, please advise too.

Thanks

Huan Ton
Message 7 of 12
andrewiv

We have this same issue, and would like to know if there is a fix or not.

Andrew In’t Veld
CAD Administrator

Message 8 of 12
BIMTIM
in reply to: andrewiv

dwf, like pdf is effectively a print/plot file. So the lineweight is set to the page.

You cannot 'turn off' line weights in ADR. This has been requested by me from Autodesk. Will have to wait and see...

Meanwhile, <ctrl>5 will turn off line weights in adobe reader/acrobat

Message 9 of 12
BIMAbhi
in reply to: BIMTIM

Line thickness works upon the base file Line Weight settings. So when you create the dwf you need to set the line weight setting of that file (Revit/CAD).

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 10 of 12
ebedar

There's no option to make the line thinner, but there's an option in AutoCAD before you create the DWG File.

- under plot options, un-check: Plot object lineweights

Capture.PNG

Message 11 of 12
MikePerryman
in reply to: BIMTIM

<CTRL> 5 to turn off line weight in PDF

Too easy but couldn't find this trick after hours of Googling.

Many, many thanks

Message 12 of 12
andrewiv
in reply to: MikePerryman

That's a good tip but this post is about DWF files not PDF.  We have found a work around for the DWF files created from Inventor.  We have changed all of our line weights to .001 except solid lines which are .002.  It's not the best way to do things, but we are trying to go more and more paperless so the guys on the shop floor are using the DWF files instead of printing out the drawings.  Because of this it is more important to us to have the DWF files as usable as possible so we can live with the thin line weights.

Andrew In’t Veld
CAD Administrator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report