Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to default dimensions to be in Feet and Fractional Inches?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kenneth.prugh
874 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a way to default dimensions to be in Feet and Fractional Inches?

Currently it seems that each sheet has to be selected (one at a time) to set the 2D units and Scale to display in 'Feet and Fractional Inches'.

Is there a way to make this a default for all 2D in the set?

Is there a way to select multiple sheets and make this change?

Is there a way (options?) to default the program to always display dimensions in this style?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kenneth.prugh

I believe the file Author/Creator (aka AutoCAD user) needs to do that for you and save it as part of the file before sharing with you and the free viewer. It's a per-file setting, not an application setting (how AutoCAD works is my guess as to why it's not different in the viewer).

Message 3 of 4
kenneth.prugh
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your quick reply!

This was my thought as well...

We are using Revit and exporting to DWF for review and mark-up internally and for the 'owner'.

I have reviewed both the export process from Revit and some of the ADR program and it appears that the only 'Scale' data that comes across is the actual scale units (inches, feet, metric, etc.).

I have looked into 'temporarily' messing with the project units in Revit to see how that affects things...no luck there as the project units are already set to Feet and Fractional Inches.

So it sounds like ADR has no "default" settings for this and no way of setting this parameter for more than one sheet at a time?

Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kenneth.prugh

i'm not a REVIT user, sorry I cannot help you with that product. Wait for others to jump in to help you with exporting to DWF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report