Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a smaller DWF viewer than a full-up Autodesk Design Review?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
randy.vannostrand
486 Views, 4 Replies

Is there a smaller DWF viewer than a full-up Autodesk Design Review?

I want to post a 3D DWF on a web page.  Most folks who go to that page will not want to download and install the full-up viewer.  Is there a smaller version that just opens and allows rotation, etc., without enabling markup and other advanced functions?  I want to also post a link to it so that easy installation is possible.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: randy.vannostrand

Online, requires nothing to install:

http://freewheel.autodesk.com/

or for a few more features:

http://quickshare.labs.autodesk.com/

Or send DWFx if they have Win7 (or Vista with the XPS driver), and they don't even have to get online to see your files.

Message 3 of 5
randy.vannostrand
in reply to: pendean

I've looked at Freewheel but it requires using the "Cloud" and our IT folks don't trust the security of it.  We can't find anything that talks about embedding a DWFx file in a web page, though DWF is mentioned and our programming team is working on doing that.  Surely someone has done this before and can help give us advice to make it happen.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: randy.vannostrand

>>>...but it requires using the "Cloud" ...<<<

It may use the cloud to store your file temporarily (it's got to go somewhere after all, you do realize that don't you) but it's not stored there and tagged for life for anyone to "steal".

You will have to seek out a 3rd party DWF viewer outside of Autodesk while you wait around here for possible tips: there are a few, most require payment for server-based solutions.

Message 5 of 5
randy.vannostrand
in reply to: pendean

The IT group here is not worried about things that are posted being stolen, as I understand it they are afraid of something riding back in on the "coat tails" of the data that travels through the cloud.  Can you refer me to a specific viewer outside of Autodesk?  Why would Autodesk not prepare one?  Not all folks are computer savvy or have computers with lots of extra hard drive space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report