Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Design Review

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
257 Views, 6 Replies

Installing Design Review

When I try to install Design Review, I get an error message saying that I need Internet Explorer 6 or higher.
I've got IE 6 (128 bit) so don't know why?

Any help?

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

That's unusual that you'd be getting that message. Can you please confirm a few things for me to help debug this issue?

-- Which version of Autodesk Design Review are you attempting to install, 2007 or 2008? (ADR 2008 just went live today).
-- What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Vista?)
-- What specific version and service pack of Internet Explorer are you currently using? (You can get this info by opening an Internet Explorer browser window and choosing "About Internet Explorer" from the IE Help menu.

Thanks!

Scott Lillibridge, QA Manager
Extended Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

1. ADR 2007
2. Windows 2000 SP4
3. IE 6.0.2800.1106CO, SP1

For info, I'm not admin on the pc.

Thanks for your help
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I've just tried with ADR 2008 and I've got the same problem.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi again,

The ADR installer is apparently not finding a specific file it needs to proceed with the installation (C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll). This may be because you don't currently have admin rights on the system.

Is it possible for you to log on with Admin rights (or have someone else with Admin rights) log onto the system just to see if that allows you to get past the IE6 message? (The issue you are having is not expected behavior but trying the installation as an Admin to see if that gets past the IE6 error will help me to debug the problem)

Scott Lillibridge, QA Manager
Extended Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

OK, with Admin rights the install works.

Thanks
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I'm getting the same problem installing design review 2008 on a xp machine with ie6, but the user does have full local admin rights. Is there anything I can do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report