Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues with Design Review 2010/2011

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
goeagles7817
1608 Views, 6 Replies

Installation issues with Design Review 2010/2011

Hello, since the release of Autodesk Design Review 2008 I’ve had intermittent issues installing the program but now I can’t update any of the Design Reviews to either 2010 or 2011. At first I would not be able to download and install Visual Studio C++ Runtime but I just simply downloaded it from Microsoft and installed it before running the Autodesk install executable but now I always get internal error 0x0 or 0x634. I have feeling it maybe because of some of the Anti-Malware/Virus software we run here. We are currently running Symantec Endpoint Protection ver RU5. Our WAN also runs a web filtering program known as McAfee Webwasher which has been known to cause some problems with downloading patches from companies that use their own download programs (i.e. Autodesk, Solidworks) so I am guessing it may be an issue.

Does anyone know of any fixes I can attempt before just uninstalling all anti-virus programs? The machines run Windows XP SP3 and are full patched.

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cblocher
in reply to: goeagles7817

Hi,

Not sure whether or not the anti-virus is involved, but maybe you've got some remnant of older ADR versions still lurking about. This scenario often causes install issues with newer versions.

We've begun collecting some uninstall suggestions in this thread: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6378911

Please let us know if any of them solve your issues.

Best,

Chris

User Assistance
Autodesk Design Review

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Message 3 of 7
goeagles7817

OK Chris, I'll give it a try.
Message 4 of 7
goeagles7817

Ok Chris, I followed the steps you gave me and I tried installing 2011 and I get the failed install message again with an internal error of (0x653). Anything else I can try?
Message 5 of 7
guok

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try downloading the msi file manually from http://www.autodesk.com/designreview-download-network . Then install with the msi file.

Hope that this helps.

- Kenny Guo
ADR/DWF Customer Support

Kenny Guo
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
goeagles7817

The msi package worked, thank you for this!
Message 7 of 7

Hi,
I have been following this thread as I have the same problem.

ADR 2010 was working fine untill I accepted an invitation to update to ADR 2011. The programe downloaded and ran to the exteent that it attempted to remove previous versions. It then failed to load the new version leaving me with no access to my DWFs.

I have followed the manual cleaning suggestions and left no trace of the files identified. Reloading the preograme failed as before.

I have a 2009 version which loads OK so I am now using that. If this loads OK it suggests the new download has inbuilt problems.

My OS is Windows 64 bit Premium. I am runnung Inventor suit 2010. I also have Mechanical Desktop 2009 and Autocad 2009 on my machine to deal with legacy files.

Any further ideas would be appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report