Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving quality embedded in word

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
vincent-91
351 Views, 6 Replies

Improving quality embedded in word

Hi guys, 

I have embedded the design review viewer in word and have dragged and dropped the drawings into it. The problem is that when i go to print the word document, the drawings come out in relativly poor quality. 

I am developing a parts booklet which is why i have chosen this work flow. 

How would i bring up the quality of the drawings appearance within word?

I have tried exporting the dwf in different sizes. I have also upped the dpi to 300 before exporting. I have increased the pdf output to its maximum 720. 

I have tried numerous options but basically the problem is that the viewer shows poor quality drawings in word.

When you click into those documents and print them out (from within design review but through word) the quality is amazing. This tells me that the conversion has gone correctly. 

Please help 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vincent-91
in reply to: vincent-91

basically i want the same level of detail as if you printed the drawing directly from inventor. 

Please Help 

Message 3 of 7
doni49

I don't use "Design Review" so I can't tell you if there's a better way.  But since you asked this question last week and haven't gotten a reply, I'll go ahead and offer up what I do.  I take screenshots and paste them into Word.  It works very well.

To take a screenshot:

• Get the program to show the info you want to see in the image.
  • Press PrintScreen (usually near the number pad on your keyboard -- most commonly above the insert key).
  • That will take a snapshot of your screen and place it on your clipboard.
  • Now you can paste it into any application that can handle an image.  If you want to add annotations and/or crop the image, paste it into MSPAINT.  Once you've updated it as needed, press Ctrl+A to select EVERYTHING in the image.  Press Ctrl+C to copy this to your clipboard.
  • Once your image is on the clipboard paste it into Word.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 7
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Also -- I know that AutoCAD includes a way to "Print" to an image file (which basically makes an image out of what WOULD HAVE been printed).  Is there such an option in your program?

That would be another helpful way to get your image for use in Word.

Good luck!

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 7
vincent-91

Hi, 

thanks for the advice. 

could you go through how autocad prints to a file. That might be a viable option also. 

Vincent 

Message 6 of 7
doni49

1) File>Print
2) Instead of choosing an installed printer, there is an option called DWF-to-BMP.pc3. I pick that and when I pick OK, I'm prompted for the bmp's filename.

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 7
vincent-91

Is this in inventor or AutoCAD, also what year product is that?

Vincent 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report