Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing symbols

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wasicekr
526 Views, 5 Replies

Importing symbols

I am trying to create a mechanical symbol (valves, pumps etc.) catalog. I have converted a dwg to a dwf in order to import each object on the sheet as a symbol and I am getting an error (No objects were found on any of the sheets in the file) does anyone have any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: wasicekr

Hi Robert,

In order to import each object on the sheet as a symbol, the published DWF file must include block information. If you are using AutoCAD or an AutoCAD-based application to publish the DWF, the option to include block information is found within the "Publish Options" portion of the main Publish dialog.

If you need more detailed guidance in doing this, please let me know what application you are using to publish the DWF and I can walk you through the process.

Best Regards,

Scott Lillibridge, QA Manager
Platform Solutions & Emerging Business
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2006/04/tip_for_custom_.html

wrote in message
news:5901349@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi Robert,

In order to import each object on the sheet as a symbol, the published DWF
file must include block information. If you are using AutoCAD or an
AutoCAD-based application to publish the DWF, the option to include block
information is found within the "Publish Options" portion of the main
Publish dialog.

If you need more detailed guidance in doing this, please let me know what
application you are using to publish the DWF and I can walk you through the
process.

Best Regards,

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
wasicekr

Scott,
I am still having issues converting a DWG to a DWF that will import into Autodesk Design Review. I am using DWG True View to publish to a DWF only a few will publish most will not do you have any ideas? IF by chance you could give me a call my number is 361-443-6076
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Robert,

Thanks for forwarding me the DWG file that you've been having trouble with. Looking at this particular file, I noticed in the Publish dialog that the sheets you are trying to publish show a status: "Layout not initialized". You mentioned to me that you are using an earlier version of DWG TrueView which unfortunately does not allow you to correct this so to fix this problem, please download and install the latest (2009) version of DWG TrueView from http://www.autodesk.com/DWG. Open the DWG file and then right-click on the "Model" tab at the bottom of the application and select "Page Setup Manager". When the Page Setup Manger displays, simply Close it. Performing this action will initialize the Model sheet and allow you to publish it. (The Publish dialog should now show "No errors" in the Status column.) Proceed with the steps prescribed for publishing to DWF and be sure to include Block Information with the DWF file. (The option to include Block Information is found under the "DWF data options" section of the "Publishing Options" dialog box.)

Please give this a try and let me know if you still experience problems or need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
boweng5238

Is there a way to "bulk" update the "layout not initialised" setting, rather than having to edit each individual drawing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report