Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlinks Problem - ADR 2013

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
vgottipa
3175 Views, 18 Replies

Hyperlinks Problem - ADR 2013

I downloaded and installed the latest version of ADR(2013). I see that that hyperlinks from old files, generated with relative paths from Autocad, do not work any more. They used to work fine with ADR 2012.

It seems to me that the new ADR does not read the relative paths correctly and appends the relative path to the directory address of the original file. 

Does anyone else experience this behaviour?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
herbert.he
in reply to: vgottipa

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Please provide the dwf/x file for us to reproduce the issue and investigate it.

Thanks.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 19
vgottipa
in reply to: herbert.he

I may not be able to upload a document in the forum. Is there an email or ft site that I can use?

Message 4 of 19
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

The FTP server ftp://files.autodesk.com:

LoginID : simulation

Password: ADR2009CST

Please let me know the file name once you uploaded it.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 19
vgottipa

The ftp login information you provided does not work for some reason.

Message 6 of 19
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll check it. You can send the file to me directly.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 19
herbert.he

Hi vgottipa,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

It's a regression from ADR 2012. I logged this defect in our database (ADRPO-1414) and we will consider fixing it in future releases.

Any further question please let me know. 

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 19
Johnbra1982

Relative paths not working / failing in Autodesk 2013 Design Review is not a small issue.  Autodesk Design Review has been a fantastic product that has allowed us to introduce AutoCAD to our clients and recommend AutoCAD as a design platform for many clients who are otherwise indifferent.  We have encouraged multiple clients to use Design Review to access information information we provide on their projects and we use AutoCAD to produce these documents.  The packages we provide are completely dependant on relative paths working correctly in Autodesk Design Review.

The markup capability of Design Review trumped Bentley View when deciding which program to to recommend our clients choose for this package (AutoCAD or Microstation).  Hyperlinks failing when using relative paths completely sinks Design Review / AutoCAD for the purposes outlined above.  It simply will not work.  We are currently forced to inform all of our existing AutoCAD based clients of the defect and direct them to an old release or suggest a Bentley View / Microstation platform.  Our clients love the markup capability of Autodesk Design Review and we would prefer to recommend it for that reason.

Again, this is not a small issue.  Please let us know if Autodesk intends to resolve this issue and if so, when we can expect it to be repaired if it has not already been corrected.

Lane Sater

Message 9 of 19
briandavidson84

This is a huge problem for our company also. Our entire library was dependent on these hyperlinks for navigation amongst files, and it has become a very slow process with ADR 2013.  I had hoped to uninstall ADR2013 and reinstall ADR2012, but apparently that is no longer available either.  If  you cannot fix it, please give access to ADR2012.  This is a very big problem and should be fixed prior to any future releases........PLEASE!!

Brian Davidson

Message 10 of 19
scotts

My company also relies on dwf's with embedded hyperlinks.  A hotfix should be provided asap.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Scott Salas

Message 11 of 19
Darkyspark
in reply to: scotts

I'm also shocked that Autodesk has discontinued the relative Hyperlink funktionality of ADR.

How can it still be called a "Design WEB Format" when links don't work. That's what makes a the web so powerful - the ability to link documents together.

I am also really annoyed that Autodesk requires an Uplaod to Cloud Servers before one can view Acount documents anywhere. What is that all about? If Autodesk wishes to now make this format a business with a steady income stream, they should charge a small fee for the VIEWER technology (IT IS BRILLIANT!) and provide a capability for acces to local storage media! Why, if I already pay very decent licence fees for their design software, do I also have to feel cornered into giving them my design data?

If Autodesk wants to know what their customers do with their software, they should survey their customers seriously, without iliicitly requiring giving up their design data! The German speaking countries sometimes call design work, "geistliches Eigentum", or "intellectual property"!

I hope this gets fixed ASAP!

GIS Fachstelle

Basel.

Message 12 of 19
scotts

Any progress on this issue?   Has a hotfix been posted.  Part of my deliverables to clients rely on the capablility of linking files.  I can not stress how big of an issue this is.

Message 13 of 19

I have not seen or heard anything about a "fix", however, I did find that they have made older versions of Design Review available for download.  I uninstalled 2013, reinstalled 2012 and everything is as it was before. Hyperlinks work.... Hope this helps, but I'm still hoping for a fix from Autodesk!

Brian Davidson

Message 14 of 19
Message 15 of 19
subtoddb
in reply to: briandavidson84

Seriously... is this ever going to be fixed? Relative paths worked fine and then were broken in DR2013 and still not fixed in DR2014... PLEASE UNBREAK THEM!!!

Message 16 of 19
Brizza59
in reply to: briandavidson84

We still have a BIG problem with this - can someone throw some light on how relative hyperlinks can be fixed, we have over 14000 drawings linked in this way on a Fire Service Risk Information system
Message 17 of 19
pendean
in reply to: Brizza59

ADR development stopped in the year 2012: posts all around you in this forum state it.
Message 18 of 19
Brizza59
in reply to: pendean

That doesn't answer my question - what is the alternative?

Message 19 of 19
pendean
in reply to: Brizza59

None
Nada
Zip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report