Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed. Merged DWFs have wrong characters or annotations

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Pstongelitho
577 Views, 6 Replies

Help Needed. Merged DWFs have wrong characters or annotations

Hello,

Since Design Review 2012 (problem was not present under 2011) and it's new way of merging drawings, the merged file displays wrongfull characters or symbols.

When I open a drawing alone, all the right annotation symbols are displayed properly. 

When I merge many drawings in one (using the List view and click and drag method) all the non text symbols are displayed as oblong rectangle.  So all the diameter, surface, perpendicular etc. symbols are only displayed by that rectangle.  The display problem on screen is then carried through printing as well.

We use the merge files to be able to print the drawings for our production department, but with faulty display, printouts are useless.

Thought it might only be a 2012 version problem, but just downloaded the 2013 version and it is still the same.

I am using Windows 7 64 bits.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve the problem ?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
swiftbim
in reply to: Pstongelitho

Do you use the batch print feature from the file menu? You could print multiple individual files using that process.

Message 3 of 7
Pstongelitho
in reply to: swiftbim

Hello,

No I can not use the batch print feature, for some of our drawings are oversize (C or D format) and that feature would not be convenient.  Also the interface is not veryuser friendly.

I merge the files, look if there are any in oversize format, if there are, I take note of the file name, then delete them and then press Print.

Problem is with "merging" the files, which for some reason anihilates all non Letter or number type characters, even the symbols in the drawing template are in error.

Message 4 of 7
herbert.he

Thank you for reporting this issue.

It's helpful if you can upload dwf/x files (before and after merging) for us to reproduce this issue. Please update test files into our FTP server and let me know the file name(s).

ftp://files.autodesk.com
    LoginID : simulation

Password: ADR2009CST

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
Pstongelitho
in reply to: herbert.he

Hello Herbert, 

530 Login incorrect.

Cannot access FTP server to put files in.

Tried many times, LoginID and password are entered as you wrote.

Attached to messages are the files (hopefully it works)

Thank you

Message 6 of 7
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

It's a known dwfx text font issue. Merging dwf files into dwf format has no this issue, see attached merge.dwf.

Any further question please let me know.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
Pstongelitho
in reply to: herbert.he

Thank you very much Herbert for your help.

Put default file settings at DWF and problem is solved.

Once again thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report