Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Design Review not opening properly! UNUSABLE!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gordoncooke
1975 Views, 3 Replies

HELP! Design Review not opening properly! UNUSABLE!

Hello everyone, IM having problems opening Design Review 2014.  For some reason, autodesk does not have a number I can call! (which is ridiculous on a $7k product) Anyway, to understand what I am talking about, you will have to look at the attached file.  When I open design review, it looks like it does in the screenshot that I have attached.  If any of you are able to help me fix this, it would be greatly appreciated, because I can't work with it like this.  THANKS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: gordoncooke

You paid $7k for the free software ADR? You got robbed. Otherwise you missed the point that this is free software for the masses for which you did not have to buy anything to use it.
Also, there is no ADR (Design Review) 2014, only the older ADR2013: so what else are you misreading and not paying attention to?

Your screenshot looks like the program window is not maximized or you are running windows in some sort of low res display (or you set windows to show bigger text): which is it? Try to add your own words to what you think the problem is.
Message 3 of 4
gordoncooke
in reply to: pendean

My Apologies for not being more specific, when I said 7k, I was referring to the total price the company I work for paid for the slew of autodesk products on my computer.  Also, you are correct, I forgot that design review is 2013, some of my other autodesk products like inventor are 2014.  I run my autodesk programs on a Mac, running windows 7 through parallels 9, I have 4 gb of ram dedicated to that virtual machine.  Inventor runs fine but I can't seem to get design review to open looking normal.  I've tried redowloading multiple times. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: gordoncooke

A general comment: it sounds like you are running high end software on an inadequate PC (4GB tells me it's a low end MAC). So what kind of video card is your PC equippent with? What resolution are you running Windows? Did you change the setting to show 'large fonts' because the text was too small? I agree with you, it does look like it's been enlarged somehow.

Cost of the software is cost of the software: if you think a certain dollar amount suddenly entitles you to special treatment you are incorrect. For support dedicated to you/your company, you need to pay for a subscription to Autodesk or your reseller (applies to paid software only, not freeware). Phone support with your reseller is the most expensive, but if that's the way you need it talk to someone at your office about buying it.
ADR is freeware: Autodesk doesn't assign people to answer a phone number for freeware, like everyone else out there. But they do offer this website for all of us to help each other.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report