Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill transparency turns solid when printing to PDF

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamesdugger
5439 Views, 4 Replies

Fill transparency turns solid when printing to PDF

We are having a problem with fill transparencies (set to less than 100 percent) turning solid (opaque) upon printing to PDF. This is a recent development. It is happening on a machine running Design Review 2011, and a separate machine running version 2008. The machine running 2011 is using PDFfill a generic free PDF converter and the machine running 2008 is using Adobe Acrobat version 8. Same results for both. Does anyone have any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wube
in reply to: jamesdugger

Thank you for your question.

Please follow these steps to print to PDF:

1. Click 'Advanced...' button in the Print dialog.
2. Turn on "Turn data into a bitmap before printing" option in the 'Advanced Print Options' dialog.
3. Click OK and Print.

Please let me know if this can be of help.

-Ben
ADR/DWF Customer Support

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
jamesdugger
in reply to: jamesdugger

wube,

Thank you! Everything is back to normal.
Message 4 of 5
hughl
in reply to: wube

Thanks for this. I found your suggested solution and it has worked for me as well. The only issue i now have is that the file size of the PDF copy is about 10 times larger than it was before I selected the Bitmap option.

I reduce the dpi to 300 and reduced the colour quality and this helped - significantly reducing the file size but the quality was still OK.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
davidtagney
in reply to: wube

Hi, is it possible to permanently select "Turn Data into Bitmap before printing" so that I do not have to constantly go in and select this option every time I want to print (pdf or hard copy).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums