Design Review

*Kevin Ellingson
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)

File format support types

176 Views, 2 Replies
05-13-2004 06:50 PM
Hi. I know Composer can read DWF and DWG, but I heard that it can't read DXF. Is this true? Are there plans to have it read DXF? Thanks for the help, Kevin
*Ben Kopf
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: File format support types

05-14-2004 06:25 AM in reply to: *Kevin Ellingson
Hi Kevin, DWF Composer reads only DWF and raster files, but the included DWG Viewer reads DWG files. Currently we do not support DXF in the DWG Viewer, but we are considering support for the file format in a future release. Feedback like yours helps us make these decisions, so we appreciate the question. Regards, Ben Kopf Autodesk Product Design "Kevin Ellingson" wrote in message news:40a425d2_1@newsprd01... > Hi. I know Composer can read DWF and DWG, but I heard that it can't read > DXF. Is this true? Are there plans to have it read DXF? > > Thanks for the help, > > Kevin > >
*PrisM
Message 3 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: File format support types

05-17-2004 01:04 PM in reply to: *Kevin Ellingson
YES, to be able to view and plot a dxf, before or instead of importing it into a dwg, would be of enormous assistance. Thanks for asking. Priscilla Mills "Ben Kopf" wrote in message news:40a4c8d8$1_1@newsprd01... > Hi Kevin, > > DWF Composer reads only DWF and raster files, but the included DWG Viewer > reads DWG files. Currently we do not support DXF in the DWG Viewer, but we > are considering support for the file format in a future release. Feedback > like yours helps us make these decisions, so we appreciate the question. > > Regards, > Ben Kopf > Autodesk Product Design > > "Kevin Ellingson" wrote in message > news:40a425d2_1@newsprd01... > > Hi. I know Composer can read DWF and DWG, but I heard that it can't read > > DXF. Is this true? Are there plans to have it read DXF? > > > > Thanks for the help, > > > > Kevin > > > > > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.