Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External hyperlink to a page/named view/bookmark within multi-page dwf

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sdsimonson
393 Views, 2 Replies

External hyperlink to a page/named view/bookmark within multi-page dwf

Does anyone know if it is possible to have an html/asp hyperlink to a multi-page dwf which opens the dwf file to a specific page/view/bookmark with the dwf file. I have multi-page dwf files that are 40-60 pages and I would like my external hyperlink to open to a specific drawing/page/bookmark within the multi-page as opposed to it opening to the first page each time.

typical external hyperlink would be something like

http://www.domainname.com/proj#/Transmittals/65/multi-page.dwf#bookmark

where "#bookmark" is the page/drawing/bookmark within the multi-page dwf file

Thanks in advance for any help
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sdsimonson

You can use the ?page= to go to a specific page. The ?page= parameter takes either the index number of the page or the actual page name (if there are spaces in the page name, you may have to URL encode these first). For the view on a page you can use the ?view= or ?namedview= These parameters will take the actual view name in a specific page. So a URL may looks something like this: ProjectX.dwf?page=4&view=detail1 Or ProjectX.dwf?Page=A6&namedview=SectionAA "sdsimonson" wrote in message news:7605745.1087047905053.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > Does anyone know if it is possible to have an html/asp hyperlink to a multi-page dwf which opens the dwf file to a specific page/view/bookmark with the dwf file. I have multi-page dwf files that are 40-60 pages and I would like my external hyperlink to open to a specific drawing/page/bookmark within the multi-page as opposed to it opening to the first page each time. > > typical external hyperlink would be something like > > http://www.domainname.com/proj#/Transmittals/65/multi-page.dwf#bookmark > > where "#bookmark" is the page/drawing/bookmark within the multi-page dwf file > > Thanks in advance for any help
Message 3 of 3
ebloemwww
in reply to: sdsimonson

This was also my problem. The

?page=

command works fine. But how to make sure the visitor, when he bookmarks your page, gets this extra "?page=" in his actual bookmark?

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report