Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Measurements to outside program

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
robnauticus
2021 Views, 7 Replies

Export Measurements to outside program

Hello,

I want to know if there is a way to take all the measurements I create on a dwf file and send them to another program to be tallied.

This program will have limited usefulness if I cannot get the information out of the program without writing things by hand. I could just look at a real set of plans and get results much faster.

Please help,

and thank you,

Rob M.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: robnauticus

There are no programming interfaces or exporting abilities of markups from
DWF Composer. This is something that is on the wishlist list for future
composer products.

wrote in message news:4969503@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello,

I want to know if there is a way to take all the measurements I create on a
dwf file and send them to another program to be tallied.

This program will have limited usefulness if I cannot get the information
out of the program without writing things by hand. I could just look at a
real set of plans and get results much faster.

Please help,

and thank you,

Rob M.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

The Autodesk DWF Composer product satisfies a specific workflow. The
measurement and markup process in conjunction with AutoCAD. Autodesk is
pursuing solutions to other workflows using DWF as the basis for those
solutions.

wrote in message news:4969503@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello,

I want to know if there is a way to take all the measurements I create on a
dwf file and send them to another program to be tallied.

This program will have limited usefulness if I cannot get the information
out of the program without writing things by hand. I could just look at a
real set of plans and get results much faster.

Please help,

and thank you,

Rob M.
Message 4 of 8
mksu1der

The original post regarding exporting measurements was from 2005 and it is pathetic that six years later there still is NO way to do it.

Autodesk you are out selling Buzzsaw to builders and leaving sub-contractors the true end users with a half baked product that we are forced to use.  PLEASE add this function so that measurements an be exported to Excel.

I look forward to a much improved product!

Message 5 of 8
cblocher
in reply to: mksu1der

Hello,

Measurements are treated as markups in Design Review. The Save Markups Summary feature was added to Autodesk Design Review 2010: http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2009/02/autodesk-design-review-2010-new-features-overview.html

Saved as a comma-separated value (CSV) file, the markups summary can be shared and opened by a wide variety of database, spreadsheet, and word processor programs. The summary lists markups and their respective properties.

• Markup number
  • Sheet name
  • Markup type
  • Markup label
  • Markup text
  • Creator
  • Created date and time stamp
  • Status
  • Modified date and time stamp
  • History

Hope it helps,

C.

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Message 6 of 8
mksu1der

Hello,

The reply to my posting notes a feature that was added to a previous version with a link to the notification, but neither the reply nor the notification explaine how to execute the feature.  So an explanation of how to export the measurements would have been helpful and saved unnecessary frustration and time.  If you happen to share information/feedback with the development team, it would be nice if they added the directions to the help file instead of typing in “export measurements” and having instructions on how to “Share Design Review Options” come up.  Most importantly they need to make the exporting of dimensions generate a separate label and value for the actual measurement.  If they need an example export measurements from a PDF file to see what I’m talking about.

For anyone else attempting to export measurements, such as they are and as noted in the reply above, click on “D rev” (upper left) and then click on “Save As” and then click on “Save Markups Summary”.

Message 7 of 8
Livercool
in reply to: mksu1der

Hi ....first time post 

I am happy with the fact that i can export the mark ups to a csv file , what i would like to be able to do is edit somehow the results.

I have created one spreadsheet that count the symbols which seems to work fine , however the results of the measurements has tex (measurement~1234) in the cell , is there a way i can take the text (measurement~) out so i can run a formular enabling me to total the measurements. this will allow me to name a merasuremnt ie cable and count the total lenghs .

hope i made myself clear 

i look forward to your rersponse 

Vincent 

Message 8 of 8
Livercool
in reply to: Livercool

Actually found a work around that will do .............

Name your measure ie cable ..when you export the CSV you have two columns "Mark up label" & "mark up Text"

what i have done :

Select the "MarK up text" column then presss alt,d,e .....this brings up the text to columns wiz, select fixed with then next , create break lines (what you want out ) click the columns the ok it and it gets rid of all the text and you can then run a SUMIF and total your cable runs ........took me all weekend !!

Feel free to request more info .........bear in mind ........there may be an easier way ......if so please share 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report