Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explorer Run time error?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
286 Views, 5 Replies

Explorer Run time error?

Im getting this error message quite a bit now. It happens usually when I select a DWF file from Explorer. It locks up explorer and closes the window. Im running Windows XP pro? Anyone else get this error message every once and a while? This has happened on about 5 computers in the office. Thanks for any help!! I also have the latest Windows explorer 6.0 Thanks Mark
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Take a look at the thread "DWF folder corrupt" in the autodesk.express.viewer newsgroup. This is a known issue. The temporary workaround follows: We've found a defect logged against this issue. It's a problem with the DWF thumbnail module included with AutoCAD 2004, 2005, and DWG Viewer. It's already been fixed in the code stream, but won't be available as a fix until the next release or service pack ( I have no information as to when that may be). As a workaround, you can prevent the crash in Windows Explorer by deleting the registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dwf\ShellEx Note: this will mean there will be no thumbnails displayed in the explorer. "Mark Douglas" wrote in message news:40c4e755$1_3@newsprd01... > Im getting this error message quite a bit now. It happens usually when I > select a DWF file from Explorer. It locks up explorer and closes the window. > Im running Windows XP pro? Anyone else get this error message every once and > a while? This has happened on about 5 computers in the office. > > Thanks for any help!! > > I also have the latest Windows explorer 6.0 > > Thanks > > Mark > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks John- Is it the Save Preview in DWF button from the DWF6.eplot? And how do I run that registry code....HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dwf\ShellEx Thanks John!!! This will make some people happy here... Mark "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40c4e8cc_1@newsprd01... > Take a look at the thread "DWF folder corrupt" in the > autodesk.express.viewer newsgroup. This is a known issue. The temporary > workaround follows: > > We've found a defect logged against this issue. It's a problem with the DWF > thumbnail module included with AutoCAD 2004, 2005, and DWG Viewer. It's > already been fixed in the code stream, but won't be available as a fix until > the next release or service pack ( I have no information as to when that may > be). > > As a workaround, you can prevent the crash in Windows Explorer by deleting > the registry key: > > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dwf\ShellEx > > Note: this will mean there will be no thumbnails displayed in the explorer. > > > > "Mark Douglas" wrote in message > news:40c4e755$1_3@newsprd01... > > Im getting this error message quite a bit now. It happens usually when I > > select a DWF file from Explorer. It locks up explorer and closes the > window. > > Im running Windows XP pro? Anyone else get this error message every once > and > > a while? This has happened on about 5 computers in the office. > > > > Thanks for any help!! > > > > I also have the latest Windows explorer 6.0 > > > > Thanks > > > > Mark > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

To get to the registry, open the run command in the start menu and type regedit From here, follow the path posted below to find the ShellEx "Mark Douglas" wrote in message news:40c5d843$1_3@newsprd01... > Thanks John- > Is it the Save Preview in DWF button from the DWF6.eplot? And how do I run > that registry code....HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dwf\ShellEx > > Thanks John!!! This will make some people happy here... > > Mark > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:40c4e8cc_1@newsprd01... > > Take a look at the thread "DWF folder corrupt" in the > > autodesk.express.viewer newsgroup. This is a known issue. The temporary > > workaround follows: > > > > We've found a defect logged against this issue. It's a problem with the > DWF > > thumbnail module included with AutoCAD 2004, 2005, and DWG Viewer. It's > > already been fixed in the code stream, but won't be available as a fix > until > > the next release or service pack ( I have no information as to when that > may > > be). > > > > As a workaround, you can prevent the crash in Windows Explorer by deleting > > the registry key: > > > > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dwf\ShellEx > > > > Note: this will mean there will be no thumbnails displayed in the > explorer. > > > > > > > > "Mark Douglas" wrote in message > > news:40c4e755$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Im getting this error message quite a bit now. It happens usually when I > > > select a DWF file from Explorer. It locks up explorer and closes the > > window. > > > Im running Windows XP pro? Anyone else get this error message every once > > and > > > a while? This has happened on about 5 computers in the office. > > > > > > Thanks for any help!! > > > > > > I also have the latest Windows explorer 6.0 > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > Mark > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

John,

I have a clarification question. After implementing this work around, does this mean that there are no more thumbnails visible in Explorer at all? Or does it mean that there are no more thumbnails of DWF files?

Thanks.

--Doug
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

The latter. "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message news:26991642.1087352530307.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > John, > > I have a clarification question. After implementing this work around, does this mean that there are no more thumbnails visible in Explorer at all? Or does it mean that there are no more thumbnails of DWF files? > > Thanks. > > --Doug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report