Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error running app with ADR2011 DWF Viewer Control in ClickOnce Deployment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mtwohig
1365 Views, 4 Replies

Error running app with ADR2011 DWF Viewer Control in ClickOnce Deployment

I have created a windows app using VS2008 VB.Net. This app uses the DWF Viewer control from ADR2011 (AxCExpressViewerControl). It is deployed using ClickOnce.

This app runs fine on my developement computer, which is Win7 and has ADR2011 installed, as well as Invertor 2008 Suite.

The problem occurs when I try to run this app on a computer with no AutoDesk apps installed.

The clickOnce install goes fine with no errors. I can open the startup form fine. However, when I open the window that contains the DWF Viewer Control, I get this error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

along with the full debug dump. I can supply you with the rest of the debug dump, but this might be the only relavent part:

AxInterop.ExpressViewerDll

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Local%20Settings/Apps/2.0/WV8G3C2N.V2T/Z02TQ50X.PG9/tank..tion_57812f009c7392e1_0001.0000_d09fda1857da0da5/AxInterop.ExpressViewerDll.DLL

In the "Application Files" area of the Publish tab in VS2008, I have set AxInterop.ExpressViewerDll.dll to "Include" and "Required". I have also set the same settings for: Interop.AdCommon.dll, Interop.Commands.dll, Interop.ECompositeViewer.dll, Interop.EPlotCore.dll, Interop.EPlotModel.dll, Interop.EPlotRender.dll, Interop.EPlotViewer.dll and Interop.ExpressViewerDll.dll.

All of the "Included" files appear to be on the test computer.

The app is installed and run using an administrator account on an XP SP3 box.

Am I missing something? Are there any licensing requirements involved? Is there a bootstrapper for ADR2011?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
herbert.he
in reply to: mtwohig

Thank you for your question.

Your application should running with ADR installed. You can get the latest version of ADR for free from here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
mtwohig
in reply to: herbert.he

Thank you for your reply.

So, are you saying that ADR must be installed in order to use the DWF Viewer Control?

If that is the case, is there a bootstrapper I can download?

Message 4 of 5
herbert.he

You can download the bootstrapper from http://usa.autodesk.com/design-review/

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
kstate92

Be prepared for annoyed users not to bother with your application when it takes too long for the gargantuan ADR beast to load (personal experience speaking here).

Amateur developers end up being punished for Autodesk's obstinate decision to provide a supertanker-sized viewer solution when +90% of us are crying out for a speed boat.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report