Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 2011 install

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Skeetmonkey
3040 Views, 11 Replies

Error message 2011 install

I had 2010 autodesk installed and tried to upgrade to 2011. Now, the program will not work. Uninstalled, installed, disk check, cleaned registry and all that business. The message is attached. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
guok
in reply to: Skeetmonkey

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
1. Install Autodesk Design Review 2011.
2. Open the Registry Editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Design Review\Settings (if your machine is 64bit, it should be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Autodesk\Design Review\Settings)
3. There should be a key named as "Locale" of type REG_SZ, and its value should be "en-US"

Please reply back if you have any further question.

- Kenny Guo
ADR/DWF Customer Support

Kenny Guo
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
Skeetmonkey

Kenny,
I think it is set to those values. The screen shot is attached. We have autodesk on many computers at work with the 2011 edition. For some reason this is just happening on mine. I have a HP desktop computer and a HP laptop. 2011 installed fine and works on the laptop, but the desktop is giving us the problem. We have already tried our help desk in Houston but they did not have any answers either. Thanks
Message 4 of 12
guok

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

After I investigated this issue further, I found that, if the DesignReviewCore.dll was not upgraded successfully, this issue would occur too.

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue.
1. Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review, delete the file DesignReviewCore.dll.
2. Go to the Add or Remove Programs applet, and then select Autodesk Design Review 2011 to repair/reinstall it.

Hope that this helps.

- Kenny Guo
ADR/DWF Customer Support

Kenny Guo
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
Skeetmonkey

Kenny,
You the man. Thanks so much. That did the trick. Thank you for spending time on this issue. It is greatly appreciated.
Message 6 of 12
maxcapria

I'm having problems installing Design Review.
Someone can 'help me?
Thanks
Attached the error.

WINDOWS 7 / 64 bit Edited by: Massimiliano Capria on Apr 11, 2010 10:38 AM
Message 7 of 12
guok

Hi,

Please try the steps I replied in the thread http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=767207&tstart=0

Hope that this helps.

- Kenny
ADR/DWF Customer Support

Kenny Guo
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12
pkimmons

We attempted this set of steps, but the only thing that ever works is uninstalling using these instructions: http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=770368&tstart=15 and then reinstalling. The program will work good for about a day....and then back to this error again.
Message 9 of 12
pkimmons
in reply to: pkimmons

This is still happening. 

If a user opens a pdf file in ADR from a location that is read only, and then attempts to markup this pdf and save it as a dwf the resulting dwf file is 0-2kb in size. 

If any user attempts to open that dwf file, the software will crash (errors listed above) and it takes an entire uninstall/reinstall of ADR.

We have multiple users experiencing this issue, and our work around is to copy the file to a location that the user can edit, and then mark up the file. That's not a work around that we can do forever. All it takes is one user forgetting that they can't markup a read only file (even if they open it as read only, mark up then 'save as' and try to save to an editable location, the resulting dwf file is still corrupted....and the next person that opens that dwf file will crash their software too, to the point it requires a full uninstall/reinstall). 

Message 10 of 12
herbert.he
in reply to: pkimmons

Hi pkimmons,

This issue is not due to install/uninstall. I noticed you post this issue in another thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Design-Review/Autodesk-Design-Review-corrupt-file/td-p/264019...

Please try my solution in that thread and let us know if these worked for you.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 12
wstewart
in reply to: guok

We followed the steps:

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue.
1. Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review, delete the file DesignReviewCore.dll.
2. Go to the Add or Remove Programs applet, and then select Autodesk Design Review 2011 to repair/reinstall it.

The problem is still occurring however.

Message 12 of 12
herbert.he
in reply to: wstewart

Autodesk Design Review 2012 is now available, you can download it for free from our website.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report