Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Spec for DWF?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
556 Views, 2 Replies

E-Spec for DWF?

Is there anything like E-Spec for DWF? I dont want the Spec writters to have the access to raw DWG files...?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How does E-spec work with AutoCAD/ADT? Does it read the drawings directly? I thought you at least exported out a list/text file that E-specs reads to get the info. Just answered my own question on their web site. It scans the drawing files. I would think now that DWFs contain xdata, that a DWF could be scanned in the same way? I like the Revit solution for E-spec. Export to an ODBC database, and e-spec reads the database. This way, I can export my model to the database and give it to the spec writer without gibing access to the model. SD "AlmightySR" wrote in message news:409bb36f_3@newsprd01... > Is there anything like E-Spec for DWF? I dont want the Spec writters to > have the access to raw DWG files...? > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

From E-Specs website: "As you enter text, keynotes, blocks, hatches, or other drawing elements, your specifications stay in sync, in real time. Insert a wall, door, window, or any other building object into your drawing and instantly update your project manual with the appropriate specifications." For AutoCAD, they allow you to create a mapping between names of blocks, hatches, text to spec sections. Ex: if it finds "Ar-Brstd" hatch pattern then it adds a section for Brick Masonry Units. For ADT, they look at our objects, materials, and keynotes. For both applications the specs are automatically kept in sync by reading the .dwg's themselves. -- chris yanchar | product designer building solutions division | autodesk, inc. http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_walls/ "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:409bcc97$1_3@newsprd01... > How does E-spec work with AutoCAD/ADT? Does it read the drawings directly? > I thought you at least exported out a list/text file that E-specs reads to > get the info. > > Just answered my own question on their web site. It scans the drawing > files. I would think now that DWFs contain xdata, that a DWF could be > scanned in the same way? > > I like the Revit solution for E-spec. Export to an ODBC database, and > e-spec reads the database. This way, I can export my model to the database > and give it to the spec writer without gibing access to the model. > > SD > > > "AlmightySR" wrote in message > news:409bb36f_3@newsprd01... > > Is there anything like E-Spec for DWF? I dont want the Spec writters to > > have the access to raw DWG files...? > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report