Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DXF & DWG Viewer/DWF Composer

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
578 Views, 6 Replies

DXF & DWG Viewer/DWF Composer

There have been quite a few discussions around the above stated topic and I would like to take this opportunity to highlight the following: The DXF feature did not make it into the product because development encountered some difficulties but it has been placed on them roadmap for future releases. Hope this clears up some of the outstanding questions. VJoseph
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

> The DXF feature did not make it into the product because development > encountered some difficulties but > it has been placed on them roadmap for future releases. > > Hope this clears up some of the outstanding questions. Thanks! Are you allowed to give us an estimated time frame of when this might occur? (6 months, 2 years? etc?) -- Darren J. Young CAD/CAM Systems Developer Cold Spring Granite Company 202 South Third Avenue Cold Spring, Minnesota 56320 Email: dyoung@coldspringgranite.com Phone: (320) 685-5045 Fax: (320) 685-5052
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

We're not allowed. Sorry. "Darren J. Young" wrote in message news:MPG.1b267fdcb1c6ce8798974c@discussion.autodesk.com... > > The DXF feature did not make it into the product because development > > encountered some difficulties but > > it has been placed on them roadmap for future releases. > > > > Hope this clears up some of the outstanding questions. > > Thanks! Are you allowed to give us an estimated time frame of when this > might occur? (6 months, 2 years? etc?) > > > -- > Darren J. Young > CAD/CAM Systems Developer > > Cold Spring Granite Company > 202 South Third Avenue > Cold Spring, Minnesota 56320 > > Email: dyoung@coldspringgranite.com > Phone: (320) 685-5045 > Fax: (320) 685-5052
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Darren,

You could help us understand the issues by sharing your use case around using DXF. Who's creating the DXF and why?

Thanks.

--Doug
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

At least when I tested one dxf file, it opened fine in the DWG Viewer. Do you mean that dxf is not officially supported in the DWG Viewer? "VJoseph (Autodesk Support)" wrote in message news:40bc3225$1_1@newsprd01... > There have been quite a few discussions around the above stated topic and I > would like to take > this opportunity to highlight the following: > > The DXF feature did not make it into the product because development > encountered some difficulties but > it has been placed on them roadmap for future releases. > > Hope this clears up some of the outstanding questions. > > VJoseph > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

> You could help us understand the issues by sharing your use case around using DXF. Who's creating the DXF and why? Doug, Give me a few days to properly organize some thoughts on this and Email them to you. My schedule is swimming with activity at the moment and anything I type now at the drop of a hat won't be detailed or accurately communicated given my current frame of mind. I'd also like to get some more data from out IT dept on the various other departments and people requesting this functionality. We're a large organization with a number of divisions and business activities some of which I'm not the most familiar with. -- Darren J. Young CAD/CAM Systems Developer Cold Spring Granite Company 202 South Third Avenue Cold Spring, Minnesota 56320 Email: dyoung@coldspringgranite.com Phone: (320) 685-5045 Fax: (320) 685-5052
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

That's correct. DXF is not officially supported in this version of the DWG Viewer.

--Doug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report