Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG import difficulties

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
meublen
176 Views, 0 Replies

DWG import difficulties

Hi all,

I'm trying to look at some blueprints that were created in AutoCAD 2005 by importing them into Design Review. I just downloaded ADR a few weeks ago and TrueView today in order to translate from DWG to DWF, so all versions should be current.

The problem that I have is this: When I convert the file, I get 3 sheets - one is Model, and is completely blank. The other two are "24x36 sheets" and "Fireplaces", and only show parts of the drawings. When I first start the translation, it seems to show all the drawings in "model" in a tiny window. It then gives me an error saying that it can't find the right font, so I choose another from a list. When the program fully opens, "Model" is blank. When I open the file in eDrawings viewer, I can see what I assume is everything, but the colors are all funky, and there are tons of artifacts.

Any insight would be helpful. Is AutoCAD 2005 not compatible? Is there another file type that the architect could produce that might work? A change of setting on his or my end? I need to be able to make annotations and take measurements.

Thanks!

=Mark

Mark Bloomfield
Sustainably Built, LLC
mark@sustainablybuilt.com
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report