Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG format again

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
343 Views, 7 Replies

DWG format again

How far back can the DWG Viewer open? 2000? R14? R13? R12? etc... Thanks, Tony
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It is AutoCAD OEM so it opens whatever AutoCAD opens. I had an R14 drawing lying around, but nothing sooner. "Tony Isenhoff" wrote in message news:40be04fd_2@newsprd01... > How far back can the DWG Viewer open? > > > 2000? > R14? > R13? > R12? > > etc... > > Thanks, > Tony > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. So you were able to open your R14 dwg no problem? Tony "Scott Sheppard" wrote in message news:40be14ee$1_1@newsprd01... > It is AutoCAD OEM so it opens whatever AutoCAD opens. I had an R14 drawing > lying around, but nothing sooner. > > "Tony Isenhoff" wrote in message > news:40be04fd_2@newsprd01... > > How far back can the DWG Viewer open? > > > > > > 2000? > > R14? > > R13? > > R12? > > > > etc... > > > > Thanks, > > Tony > > > > > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Yes. I neglected to mention that. Sorry. "Tony Isenhoff" wrote in message news:40be263a_3@newsprd01... > That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. > > So you were able to open your R14 dwg no problem? > > Tony
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Scott's correct. The DWG Viewer is based on AutoCAD 2005 technology, so it should open up all DWG's.

--Doug
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Tested a few R12 files, they opened fine in the viewer. "Tony Isenhoff" wrote in message news:40be04fd_2@newsprd01... > How far back can the DWG Viewer open? > > > 2000? > R14? > R13? > R12? > > etc... > > Thanks, > Tony > >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for checking! I don't have any dwg's that old anymore!! Tony "BoneBon" wrote in message news:40c57642$1_1@newsprd01... > Tested a few R12 files, they opened fine in the viewer.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

That's not too surprising! I have a friend in a highly specialized field of GIS who is still using Rel 12 seats on DOS with highly automated routines and scripts to generate hands off simple mapping of plats for governments. They have no inclination whatsoever to upgrade as their process makes them a boat load of money with nil development costs associated with the upgrade process. Then others outside the company will take the dwgs to add or remove as necessary all the way up through LDT, MAP and ARCview to Mapguide. Than again they do upgrade, the boxes just sit on the shelves unopened in the IS department. All the IS dept guys will do is open one box to insure the files upward compatibility into 2005. They are happy to pay for the upgrades, just don't talk to them about implementation planning! : ) David "Tony Isenhoff" wrote in message news:40c71d40$1_2@newsprd01... > Thanks for checking! > > I don't have any dwg's that old anymore!! > > Tony > > "BoneBon" wrote in message > news:40c57642$1_1@newsprd01... > > Tested a few R12 files, they opened fine in the viewer. > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report