Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Convert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
760 Views, 4 Replies

DWG Convert

I was forced to upgrade to the new 2010 version, and now can not convert files to 2004 version. I get DLL errors, and can't find resources errors. HELP!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just un-installed Design 2010, removed a DLL as asked, and re-installed. I go to DWG convert, select a file, and first message is: Can not load Resource DLL File is AECRESMGRENU.DLL. Right after that, another DLL is not found, Only way to get out of program is to cancel.
Suggestions?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I am learning more every minute. Design Review is not the problem. When opening Design Review, and a DWG file, it calls TrueView. I get the same errors as when starting in DWG TrueView 2008 and selecting Convert. Same issue, I can't convert a 2008 file format to 2004.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If you have Autdoesk Design Review 2010 on your
system, you can try Autodesk DWG TrueView 2010 as well. The interoperability
issue may be corrected with that combination.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
am learning more every minute. Design Review is not the problem. When opening
Design Review, and a DWG file, it calls TrueView. I get the same errors as
when starting in DWG TrueView 2008 and selecting Convert. Same issue, I can't
convert a 2008 file format to 2004.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Scott, thanks for that answer. I downloaded TrueView 2010, and it works as advertised. It would seem AutoDesk should upgrade both programs if they are on your machine, and one calls the other program. Now when I open Design Review, and try to look at a file, it says I have modified TrueView (which is true, I updated it to 2010) and need to install the latest version of TrueView.to open DWG files in Design Review. They certainly need to coordinate these programs together better!

I'm going to remove Design Review, since I got fed up and installed AutoCAD LT 2008 since I needed to look at files. It installed properly with ACLT 2005 still on my machine. So I am fixed and happy. BUT, AutoDesk has a coordination of program problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report