Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWFx - Not a happy camper

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stephen.clifton
889 Views, 4 Replies

DWFx - Not a happy camper

After the best part of 40 hours, exhaustive problem solving and publishing from AutoCAD 2012 to DWFx, l can report that the problem is DWFx itself.

The issue centres around fonts being substituted for square blocks and wingdings text not found.  However when l publish multiple layouts from AutoCAD to DWF rather than DWFx, there is no problem. All fonts are carried through without incident. Only when l complete the same steps using DWFx do l encounter problems.

Yes, l have looked into Autodesk Design Review 2012 "options" (no help)

So until a fix is resolved, its publish to DWF for me. Sorry X, you've been sacked !!

Geoff Newport

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Just a thought, did you experiment with the embedd fonts options in the DWF.pc3 AutoCAD is using? Wondering if DWFx has different embed behavior?

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 3 of 5

Interesting throught robincapperw, however the DWFx ePlot (XPS Compatible).pc3 file within AutoCAD 2012 does not have "Font Handling" under custom properties.  Whereas the DWF6 ePlot does....and is set to "capture all".

Publishing from Sheet Sets (avg 140 pages) does not let me change or check pc3 settings, just options to print to DWF (which l believe is the DWF6 ePlot driver) and DWFx (DWFx ePlot (XPS Compatible).pc3  driver).

Keep the ideas coming.  X is still in the unemployment line.

Geoff

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: stephen.clifton

If you only reply on the preset buttons in PUBLISH in R2012, it is only going to use the DWF6 pc3 file and the DWG to PDF pc3 file. If you want something "else", be it DWFx or your printer or plotter or raster or whatever, you must go the route of custom PAGESETUPs. That's PUBLISH, it's been that way since it was introduced: if anyone told you otherwise, please feel free to use a phonebook to the back of their.... for satisfaction.

Message 5 of 5
stephen.clifton
in reply to: pendean

Thanks pendean,

Yes, l do reply on the preset buttons in PUBLISH in R2012.  However did try to to get into the pc3 files but the same issue still stands.

Files attached showing no option to "capture" fonts in the DWFx PC3 properties

PLease note that l need this option due to 90% of my work is via 100 - 150 page sheet sets, and whereby l need to publish and rely on these buttons...

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report