Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWFx file won't print solid hatching correctly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
snakebite729
685 Views, 1 Reply

DWFx file won't print solid hatching correctly

Hi,

I have files that have solid hatching with a transparency of 70%. They will not print (to a printer, so on paper) correctly and come out as dots with crosses through it, rather than a nice solid hatch. Everything appears correct on the screen.

I have tried a few things and the only thing that I've come across so far that fixes it is using the "turn data into bitmap before printing" option. But that severely degrades the quality of everything else in the drawing, especially text, which comes out all grainy and you can't tell the difference between what's bold and what isn't.

The "DOTS" hatch type seems to have printed correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
snakebite729
in reply to: snakebite729

hmm, so i did a little bit of testing and it seems that it will only recognize a difference in transparency on solid hatches when plotting to a printer.

i tried out a bunch of rectangles filled with "DOTS" & "ANSI31" (two very common hatch patterns) each with a different transparency and they all appeared different on the screen in Design Review 2013, but plotted identically as though there were no difference in transparency at all.

i did the same with solid hatching and they all plotted differently (based on the transparency setting), but the only one that appears on the paper exactly as it is on screen is the one with a transparency of 0. The rest of the solid hatchings progressively get lighter, but are not solid and they look terrible.

i also discovered that my bold text does not carry over into the DWFx file. i.e. there are parts of the text made bold on the DWG, but when they are plotted to DWFx, the bold is gone and all text appears normal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report