Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Zoom Extents

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
2687 Views, 14 Replies

DWF Zoom Extents

I've seen several posts on this, but no solutions (at least working solutions).  Using C3D 2012, SheetSet, and DR 2013.  My drawings (layouts) are all zoom extents; but 2 of 3 sheets in the DWF have an initial view zoomed in on part of the sheet, the other sheet in the DWF is displaying properly a full extents.

Any ideas?  This gets very cumbersome and annoying on 400+ page drawing sets.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The ADR program will only display thre 'view' you generated, it doesn't have an auto-zoom-extents feature.

For a fix in AutoCAD/Civil before you plot/publish, there are a few dozen ideas/tips on how to zoom.extents through all your layouts in DWG files (to use before you output to DWF): https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=zoom+extents+in+all+layouts
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Each drawing only has 1 layout. And as I said in my post, each layout is already saved to zoom extents.
Message 4 of 15
pendean

I've never seen that effect happen here, sorry.
Message 5 of 15
ukdxb012

When you plot to DWF, are you relying on existing Page Setups preconfigured for DWF output or are you forcing the DWF output by overwriting the original Page Setups?

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 15
mc5fan

I run a script top Zoom Extents every sheet. Starting at the 30th sheet, everything is zoomed way in, for no reason. I do not think or live in a perfect world" like many others do. There is a reason WHY this is happening!
Lee M.
Message 7 of 15
mc5fan
in reply to: ukdxb012

Could you elaborate some more on your comment?

Lee M.
Message 8 of 15

I have a 50 sheet project. I published it to both PDF and DWF. i did the same procedure with AutoCAD 2020 and AutoCAD Electrical 2020. The PDF comes out fine, all sheets initally displaed at extents. The DWF is ay extents through sheet 29. Sheets 30 through 50 are initally displaed zoomed way in.

Any idea why this is only happening above sheet 29?

Message 9 of 15

@Lee.MalaspinaJMHCX wrote:

...Any idea why this is only happening above sheet 29?

ADR (the topic of this forum) is not AutoCAD/ELEC, and it cannot permanently fix DWFs after creation.

Message 10 of 15

Really? The 1st post in this string is titled DWF Zoom Extents. Silly me, I am having a similar issue in a document created by AutoCAD. I said nothing about wanting to "fix DWFs after creation." i want to "fix it" BEFORE creation, inside AutoCAD. Maybe I need to be on a Studebaker Motor Vehicle forum instead!

So sorry that I bothered you. Silly me.

Message 11 of 15

@Lee.MalaspinaJMHCX wrote:

.... i want to "fix it" BEFORE creation, inside AutoCAD. ....

@Lee.MalaspinaJMHCX You seem to be reading more into posts (and titles) than are really there, and if others made a mistake posting in here, you assume you can do the same somehow.

So, let's recap:

if you need help with AutoCAD/ACADE in creating problem-free DWF files, then you need to move your queries to one of those software's dedicated user forums instead.

Those forums are here

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/bd-p/706

and here

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-forum/bd-p/38

This forum is for ADR only, ADR is just a viewer that views DWF files AFTER you create them: it shows what was created by you in the authoring software that created the DWFs. Nothing more, Nothing less.

Now you know what's going on.

Message 12 of 15
mc5fan
in reply to: pendean

No, your ESP is not working as well as you think it is. I found this string through a GOOGLE search and responded accordingy, based on the 1st posting. Does that sound plausible to you? It should. I didn't know that I had violated a strict military type protocall that warrants a blindford and cigarette. My only "mistake" was expecting some input without the usual blatant negativity that is the norm for people today. This isn't FACEBOOK so I will spare you a return on your sarcasm. I will try not to make the mistake of asking you anything in the future. Thank you for your assistance and links to other forums!

Lee M.
Message 13 of 15
pendean
in reply to: mc5fan

@mc5fan wrote:

...I found this string through a GOOGLE search and responded accordingy, based on the 1st posting....

And I bet it had nothing to do with ADR as noted several time now 🙂

Message 14 of 15
mc5fan
in reply to: pendean

You obviously are "no comprende" plain english and just want to argue an insignificant point. I don't get your mindset and do not want to. Sorry that I am not a know everything, genius like you.  As I explained earlier, I did not specify ADR in my search, yet, I was brought here.

I did not research the damned string and it's category. I suppose that makes me a totlal moron, in your eyes. So be it. Have fun in your delusion of grandure. I hope it pacifies your conceit. Is there anything other pointless subject that you would like to argue about? I would rather not. I have better things to do. Please respond if you MUST have the last word!

Lee M.
Message 15 of 15
rayongestate21JKCP8

I realize of your line. Whenever i find out People today accommodate getting some almost all believe that it is very difficult so that you can placed this review.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report