Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Writer with Photoshop

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
723 Views, 3 Replies

DWF Writer with Photoshop

Has anyone tried to use DWF Writer with Photoshop? What if any limitations have been noted? I do not have a Photoshop license so have no way to find out for myself. Thanks, David
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Haven't tried it but the DWF Writer was optimized for CAD data. We have not had really great success with Word documents with fancy text, gradient fills, or shadowed text. But in theory I would have to think that Photoshop would be sending a single image to the driver so it should work but don't expect it to be a super small file size like CAD drawings because it is a raster and not vector format. But since you are basically working with JPEG images if it doesn't print well then you can always use Composer to merge it to a DWF I think. -- Rodney McManamy President CADzation ------------------------- rmcmanamy@cadzation.com ------------------------- 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 McHenry, IL 60050 www.cadzation.com Providing Industrial Strength PDF & DWF Solutions to the Global CAD Marketplace. "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:40ec8000_3@newsprd01... > Has anyone tried to use DWF Writer with Photoshop? What if any limitations > have been noted? I do not have a Photoshop license so have no way to find > out for myself. > > Thanks, > David > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Odds are you will end up with one or more embedded JPG or PNGs. "Rodney McManamy - CADzation" wrote in message news:40ed5495$1_3@newsprd01... > Haven't tried it but the DWF Writer was optimized for CAD data. We have not > had really great success with Word documents with fancy text, gradient > fills, or shadowed text. But in theory I would have to think that Photoshop > would be sending a single image to the driver so it should work but don't > expect it to be a super small file size like CAD drawings because it is a > raster and not vector format. But since you are basically working with JPEG > images if it doesn't print well then you can always use Composer to merge it > to a DWF I think. > > > -- > Rodney McManamy > President > CADzation > ------------------------- > rmcmanamy@cadzation.com > ------------------------- > 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 > McHenry, IL 60050 > www.cadzation.com > Providing Industrial Strength > PDF & DWF Solutions to the > Global CAD Marketplace. > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > news:40ec8000_3@newsprd01... > > Has anyone tried to use DWF Writer with Photoshop? What if any limitations > > have been noted? I do not have a Photoshop license so have no way to find > > out for myself. > > > > Thanks, > > David > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

OK, Sounded like a stretch as sending complete presentation documnents in thumbniled multi doc format in either DWF or PDF formats are are a toss up. Still, the leasing agents and designers like the tools overlay and notes in dwg capablity. "Garrick Evans" wrote in message news:40ed707b$1_1@newsprd01... > Odds are you will end up with one or more embedded JPG or PNGs. > > "Rodney McManamy - CADzation" wrote in message > news:40ed5495$1_3@newsprd01... > > Haven't tried it but the DWF Writer was optimized for CAD data. We have > not > > had really great success with Word documents with fancy text, gradient > > fills, or shadowed text. But in theory I would have to think that > Photoshop > > would be sending a single image to the driver so it should work but don't > > expect it to be a super small file size like CAD drawings because it is a > > raster and not vector format. But since you are basically working with > JPEG > > images if it doesn't print well then you can always use Composer to merge > it > > to a DWF I think. > > > > > > -- > > Rodney McManamy > > President > > CADzation > > ------------------------- > > rmcmanamy@cadzation.com > > ------------------------- > > 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 > > McHenry, IL 60050 > > www.cadzation.com > > Providing Industrial Strength > > PDF & DWF Solutions to the > > Global CAD Marketplace. > > > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > > news:40ec8000_3@newsprd01... > > > Has anyone tried to use DWF Writer with Photoshop? What if any > limitations > > > have been noted? I do not have a Photoshop license so have no way to > find > > > out for myself. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > David > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report