Design Review

Design Review

*John Herridge, AIA
Message 1 of 4 (150 Views)

DWF Writer: Default Directory for DWF file...?

150 Views, 3 Replies
05-14-2004 01:29 PM
If no prompt for file is selected, then the default directory is: C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\My Documents\Autodesk DWF Writer Is there a way to change this directory? I would like the file by default to go to the same directory as the source file. -- John Herridge, AIA AEC CADCON, Inc. www.aeccadcon.com
*John Schmier \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 4 (150 Views)

Re: DWF Writer: Default Directory for DWF file...?

05-14-2004 02:36 PM in reply to: *John Herridge, AIA
Yes it's a bit advanced. You need to edit the registry, the key you want is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\DWFWriter\2 In here you will see "Publish Directory". Place the full path to the existing directory here. "John Herridge, AIA" wrote in message news:40a52c69$1_3@newsprd01... > If no prompt for file is selected, then the default directory is: > C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\My Documents\Autodesk DWF Writer > > Is there a way to change this directory? I would like the file by default > to go to the same directory as the source file. > > -- > John Herridge, AIA > AEC CADCON, Inc. > www.aeccadcon.com > >
*John Herridge, AIA
Message 3 of 4 (150 Views)

05-17-2004 05:57 AM in reply to: *John Herridge, AIA
Thanks John! "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40a53bf1$1_1@newsprd01... > Yes it's a bit advanced. You need to edit the registry, the key you want > is: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\DWFWriter\2 > In here you will see "Publish Directory". Place the full path to the > existing directory here. > > > "John Herridge, AIA" wrote in message > news:40a52c69$1_3@newsprd01... > > If no prompt for file is selected, then the default directory is: > > C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\My Documents\Autodesk DWF Writer > > > > Is there a way to change this directory? I would like the file by default > > to go to the same directory as the source file. > > > > -- > > John Herridge, AIA > > AEC CADCON, Inc. > > www.aeccadcon.com > > > > > >
gcx_zw1027
Message 4 of 4 (150 Views)

10-20-2005 08:13 PM in reply to: *John Herridge, AIA
Sometimes the destination dwf file is not in the directory i have set, it is in "C:\Documents and Settings", especially when i use AutoCAD to plot a dwg file.

why? how can i avoid this case?
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.