Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF to PDF sheets plot incorrectly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Bratz2
932 Views, 4 Replies

DWF to PDF sheets plot incorrectly

We've created a set of DWFs and when printing them we're prompted with the following dialog box;

"The scaled drawing may be larger than the selected paper's printable area. The drawing may be printed across several pages."

We've checked the print settings and we're at 100% or 1:1

When the pdf is finished we wind up with massive white areas around the actual drawing portion of the PDF. has anyone else encountered this issue and if so how do we correct this?

Thanks,

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
helavagal
in reply to: Bratz2

what size are you trying to plot to?  sometimes the sheet size may cause that to happen.  I think it may default to letter size if I am not mistaken.

Message 3 of 5
Bratz2
in reply to: helavagal

we've checked the paper size and it's 24x36 so I'm at a loss as to what's happening.

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: Bratz2

Your drawing probably has both a border (thick lines/title block) and a trim border (thin lines/hash marks), with the trim border being the designated paper size.  PDF paper sizes usually assume there is only a border and no trim border.  When you try to print to PDF it adds a standard default (margin) to make up the extra space to the paper size.  Short version: if you are including a trim border, check the PDF paper sizes for margin settings and change them to 0 if needed.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
Bratz2
in reply to: dgorsman

There is a thick border, but there are no trim lines for said border. The sheet size is  24X36 and the extents of the border (thick lines) are only 32.75X21.00 and the actual width of the polyline is.0.05 so again I'm at a loss as to where the DWFs keep plotting the sheets on something larger than 24x36? Where might I find the margins for the PDF because I can't seem to find them at all 

We plot Extents @ 1to1 and have it center the plot, so I'm not sure where the issue is coming from.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report