Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF's aren't printing all the information

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kief
364 Views, 2 Replies

DWF's aren't printing all the information

Hi,

I've just encountered a problem were my dwf's aren't printing all the information (one or 2 layers/colours are missing from the dwg, and it's not specific either some items on the same layer did and didn't print regardless of colour, in otherwords completely random by the looks of it, from where I plotted the dwf, however there are no layers/colours on the dwf) I need them to print on a HP T610. I've printed it to another printer and it prints fine. I've updated the printer's (T610) firmware, drivers and printer utility (the problem started before I updated everything), plotted the dwf again and again and still the same problem. Reinstalled the dwf viewer, didn't help. Down graded the dwf viewer and that didn't help. However when I plot the same thing to pdf from the dwg, it prints everything. The only thing I haven't done is reinstall the dwf plotter, but that means reinstalling AutoCAD, but this wouldn't make sense, since I can print the same dwf to another printer fine.

I'm lost....
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kief
in reply to: kief

Update!!

I can now print all the information on the dwf's. BUT!! only if I use Instant HP printing. Still can't get the same result printing normally.

Help will be appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kief

>>>... I've printed it to another printer and it prints fine...<<<

>>>...when I plot the same thing to pdf from the dwg, it prints
>>>everything...<<<

>>>... I can print the same dwf to another printer fine...<<<

What's "instant HP printing"? Is that a quirk with the T-series plotters?
Since you can print just fine to other devices and formats it would seem:
Are you plotting to a Windows System driver? Or are you trying to use an
AutoCAD PC3 file? Why not test both.
Can you plot from AutoCAD to the T-series Windows system driver?
Can you print from other software to the Windows system driver for the T
series?

HP has open user forums there, did you try? I think this is the right one:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/familyhome.do?familyId=412

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report