Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Printer Driver

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1026 Views, 7 Replies

DWF Printer Driver

Hi there I was trying to compose a file with an Autocad drawing and i wanted to insert a word file into a dwf file. Is this possible? Like in pdf writer, you can insert a pdf in another pdf. Does composer makes this too? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

DWF Composer allows you to combine DWFs, Docs, and other file types into a single DWF. "Sergio" wrote in message news:410e17dc$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi there > I was trying to compose a file with an Autocad drawing and i wanted to > insert a word file into a dwf file. Is this possible? Like in pdf writer, > you can insert a pdf in another pdf. Does composer makes this too? > Thanks > > > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Drag and drop from Windows Manager. "Scott Sheppard" wrote in message news:410e4fba$1_1@newsprd01... > DWF Composer allows you to combine DWFs, Docs, and other file types into a > single DWF. > > "Sergio" wrote in message news:410e17dc$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hi there > > I was trying to compose a file with an Autocad drawing and i wanted to > > insert a word file into a dwf file. Is this possible? Like in pdf writer, > > you can insert a pdf in another pdf. Does composer makes this too? > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Im sorry but i dont seem to get thta to work. If i drag and drop another DWF inside and open DWF it just replaces it. Word, powerpoint, pdf files just give errors. the message says An erro occured while opnening the file Can someone help me? thanks "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:410e64b5_1@newsprd01... > Drag and drop from Windows Manager. > > "Scott Sheppard" wrote in message > news:410e4fba$1_1@newsprd01... > > DWF Composer allows you to combine DWFs, Docs, and other file types into a > > single DWF. > > > > "Sergio" wrote in message > news:410e17dc$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Hi there > > > I was trying to compose a file with an Autocad drawing and i wanted to > > > insert a word file into a dwf file. Is this possible? Like in pdf > writer, > > > you can insert a pdf in another pdf. Does composer makes this too? > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Sergio, If you wish to insert a Word file into a DWF, you first need to create a DWF from the Word file using the free DWF Writer. 1- Install the DWF Writer: http://www.autodesk.com/dwfwriter 2- Open the file in Word and select Print. 3- Select "Autodesk DWF Writer" as the printer name. 4- Select OK and create a DWF file. 5- Open the DWF in Composer that you want to add the Word file to. 6- Drop the DWF you created in step 4 onto the List or Thumbnail tab of the Navigator. I hope this answers your question. -Carolyn "Sergio" wrote in message news:410f4bd5_3@newsprd01... > Im sorry but i dont seem to get thta to work. > If i drag and drop another DWF inside and open DWF it just replaces it. > Word, powerpoint, pdf files just give errors. the message says An erro > occured while opnening the file > Can someone help me? > > thanks > > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > news:410e64b5_1@newsprd01... > > Drag and drop from Windows Manager. > > > > "Scott Sheppard" wrote in message > > news:410e4fba$1_1@newsprd01... > > > DWF Composer allows you to combine DWFs, Docs, and other file types into > a > > > single DWF. > > > > > > "Sergio" wrote in message > > news:410e17dc$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > Hi there > > > > I was trying to compose a file with an Autocad drawing and i wanted to > > > > insert a word file into a dwf file. Is this possible? Like in pdf > > writer, > > > > you can insert a pdf in another pdf. Does composer makes this too? > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

It works now...i think i had an older version of dwf writter Thanks "Carolyn Kreisel (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:410f9b8e$1_1@newsprd01... > Sergio, > > If you wish to insert a Word file into a DWF, you first need to create a DWF > from the Word file using the free DWF Writer. > > 1- Install the DWF Writer: http://www.autodesk.com/dwfwriter > 2- Open the file in Word and select Print. > 3- Select "Autodesk DWF Writer" as the printer name. > 4- Select OK and create a DWF file. > 5- Open the DWF in Composer that you want to add the Word file to. > 6- Drop the DWF you created in step 4 onto the List or Thumbnail tab of the > Navigator. > > I hope this answers your question. > -Carolyn > > > "Sergio" wrote in message news:410f4bd5_3@newsprd01... > > Im sorry but i dont seem to get thta to work. > > If i drag and drop another DWF inside and open DWF it just replaces it. > > Word, powerpoint, pdf files just give errors. the message says An erro > > occured while opnening the file > > Can someone help me? > > > > thanks > > > > > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > > news:410e64b5_1@newsprd01... > > > Drag and drop from Windows Manager. > > > > > > "Scott Sheppard" wrote in message > > > news:410e4fba$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > DWF Composer allows you to combine DWFs, Docs, and other file types > into > > a > > > > single DWF. > > > > > > > > "Sergio" wrote in message > > > news:410e17dc$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > Hi there > > > > > I was trying to compose a file with an Autocad drawing and i wanted > to > > > > > insert a word file into a dwf file. Is this possible? Like in pdf > > > writer, > > > > > you can insert a pdf in another pdf. Does composer makes this too? > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 8
sbaumann

There is not a way to use AutoCAD's publish command to do this without purchasing the DWF Composer as well, is there?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Sergio,

Caroline's instructions apply to non-Autodesk applications where you're trying to create DWF files. If you're working within AutoCAD or other Autodesk applicaitons like Revit, ADT, Inventor, then you do have built-in capabilities to publish DWF out of those native files. However, for applications like Word or Excel, you'll need to use the DWF Writer.

Doug Look, Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report