Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF from Navis crashes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
carstn
602 Views, 5 Replies

DWF from Navis crashes

Hi

I have a problem with DWF-files that I've exported from Navisworks Simulate.

When i'm trying to open these files with Design Review it crashes directly, some times - the (ADR)screen goes all pale and white and theres no way of communicating with the programme and then crashes.

Any ideas on this issue?

Should I look in to Navis og ADR?

/carstn

Edit. Navisworks Simulate 2014, DesignReview 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: carstn

Ask in the navisworks forum for tips or fix: ADR development stopped in 2012 and your 2014-product is newer.
Message 3 of 6
ukdxb012

If you could successfully export a DWF from Navisworks to ADR, what is your intention once it's exported? Have you looked into Navisworks Freedom as a viewer of the DWF and can you view the file that's output? Navis Freedom again is free like Design Review. Also, you could look at A360 for its viewing capabilities. The ability to Markup will be sure to come soon...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 6
carstn
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan

My intentions with these DWF files is to share the designs with customers and our supervisors on site.

We use Navisworks simulate to gather all files from Inventor, AutoCAD aso. into a complete project overview.

Just seems that something most be wrong now, since we have made thousands of these dwf files in the past.

So if ADR isn't being updatede anymore, what are Autodesks plans for viewing DWF files in the future?

/carstn

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Autodesk doesn't announce future plans: Duncan provided you with a more current Autodesk solution that is freely available http://www.autodesk.com/products/navisworks/autodesk-navisworks-freedom
Message 6 of 6
ukdxb012

I would strongly recommend that you explore A360's online viewing capabilities of DWF, NWD etc. A360 is aimed at Project Collaboration and provides users with the ability to view models within a web browser. Unfortunately IE can only show 2D models so far but you would have a far better experience with Google Chrome which allows for 3D viewing.

Once the model is loaded to the project site, you have the ability to view these from within A360 mobile for android and apple devices on site, even with an offline mode.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report