Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF From Image File with Markups Scales Mismatched in Print

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
bjhuffine
628 Views, 0 Replies

DWF From Image File with Markups Scales Mismatched in Print

This is a bit of a point of frustration for our organization.  We have in the past rendered our dwgs into tifs as the published format for the general user access so that they can't obtain the native dwg.    There's been an unfortunate side effect that I'm not sure belongs in Autodesk's ballpark.  It seems that when we've created these tifs they were created with a high resolution which means the pixel size is high, but the page size properties come out as a normal drawing.  For example I had an example where the pixel size of the tif was 7200px x 4800px which is equivalent to 75x50in, yet the page size is 36x24in.  This is approx twice it's size.  Now this shouldn't be a point worth worying about, but evidently the markups in dwfs are treated differently than the underlying base image.  So since the DWF sheet size is 36x24, this is the dimensions to which the markups will be printed.  Unfortunately, Design Review doesn't see the base image as also being 36x24.  Instead it sees it as 75x50in.  This creates an ugly mismatch.  If anyone would like to see this (in case this is just too hard to believe), I've attached the DWF and a PDF showing the "printed output".  I've verfiied this by reducing the tif so that it's pixel size matches the sheet size of 36x24 and got a great printout.

This seems to be a bug to me as shouldn't Design Review be able to automatically manage this?  We've found that if you set the "Turn data into a bitmap before printing" option in the "Advanced..." things will match up.  My question is, is this a bug?  Is the "bitmap" setting option or the process of reducing the image size the only way to resolve this?  Why won't Design review account for the resolution and image size together? 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report