Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF 3D texture size limitations?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1014 Views, 2 Replies

DWF 3D texture size limitations?

I'm texture baking materials onto my 3D model for use in Design Review. As my model reaches around the 60 megabyte limit, it seams to be crashing when I start to navigate through the environment.

I have reduced the texture map sizes and that seems to be working. The file size is now around 42 megabytes. Since these are all custom textures, I'm wondering if there are size limitations on custom texture mapping.

Texture baking involves a lot of custom UVW mapping and baked on textures. Are DWF files not meant to handle this load? Is this something that Autodesk is looking into?

Design Review has a lot of capabilities that consultants and owners can utilize for understanding projects. It's been a great asset for our pipeline so far. We would like to see Design Review incorporate more Real Time Viz features as well.

Adam
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
whtank
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your question, Adam.

You are correct that there is some limitation on texture mapping size which is mainly used to save memory.

I have also added your request into Autodesk database.

Please let me know if you have any further question.

-Tank
DWF/ADR Product Support

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: whtank

Thank you!   I have been reducing texture sizes and it seems to be working well.  It's been a trial and error thing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report