Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does not Dwg Viewer have ActiveX control.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
toughty
879 Views, 2 Replies

Does not Dwg Viewer have ActiveX control.

I am trying to develop an application in Visual Basic.
I knew the Autodesk Dwg Viewer and AutoCad2005 use the same viewing engine.
Actually, Reference menu of Visual Basic Project show autocad2005 type libraries(acax 16eun.tlb).
but I can't control dwg viewer.
For Example, If I run the following source code, that It occur "Run-time error : Active component can't create object."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dim Acadapp as AcadApplication
Private Sub Form_Load()

Set Acadapp = CreateObject("AutoCad.Application.16")

End Sub
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't control ActiveX control included in Dwg viewer ?
Please Answer me.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: toughty

The DWG viewer is not designed to be an ActiveX Control. "toughty" wrote in message news:3853888.1088398352284.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I am trying to develop an application in Visual Basic. > I knew the Autodesk Dwg Viewer and AutoCad2005 use the same viewing engine. > Actually, Reference menu of Visual Basic Project show autocad2005 type libraries(acax 16eun.tlb). > but I can't control dwg viewer. > For Example, If I run the following source code, that It occur "Run-time error : Active component can't create object." > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Dim Acadapp as AcadApplication > Private Sub Form_Load() > > Set Acadapp = CreateObject("AutoCad.Application.16") > > End Sub > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Doesn't control ActiveX control included in Dwg viewer ? > Please Answer me.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: toughty

Exactly. DWF Composer is the ActiveX Control. The DWG Viewer should primarily be used to generate a DWF. Some people just can't let go of using the native DWG. :-) "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40e09e79$1_2@newsprd01... > The DWG viewer is not designed to be an ActiveX Control. > > > "toughty" wrote in message > news:3853888.1088398352284.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > I am trying to develop an application in Visual Basic. > > I knew the Autodesk Dwg Viewer and AutoCad2005 use the same viewing > engine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report