Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?Dimensions work?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
376 Views, 3 Replies

?Dimensions work?

I was wondering how the Dimension tools determine what the size of a object is that its dimensioning. So if you have a drawing that has 3 scales on it. How does the Dimension tools determine what scale to Dimension at? We just ran into this situation and are a little lost? Mark
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The dimension tools look at the "viewport scale" and determine the scale value to apply to the dimensions. "Mark Douglas" wrote in message news:409feda4$1_2@newsprd01... > I was wondering how the Dimension tools determine what the size of a object > is that its dimensioning. So if you have a drawing that has 3 scales on it. > How does the Dimension tools determine what scale to Dimension at? > > We just ran into this situation and are a little lost? > > Mark > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

That's what I thought. Is there a way to override this? To have it dimension at a different scale than it does by default. Due to us Stacking our Viewports? Mark "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:409ff0e5$1_3@newsprd01... > The dimension tools look at the "viewport scale" and determine the scale > value to apply to the dimensions. > > "Mark Douglas" wrote in message > news:409feda4$1_2@newsprd01... > > I was wondering how the Dimension tools determine what the size of a > object > > is that its dimensioning. So if you have a drawing that has 3 scales on > it. > > How does the Dimension tools determine what scale to Dimension at? > > > > We just ran into this situation and are a little lost? > > > > Mark > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Sorry Mark, for release 1 of DWF Composer you don't have the ability to override the dimension scale if the scale has been published into the DWF. AutoCAD has been publishing the scale into the DWF since I believe ACAD 2000. I know it's on the wishlist for the next release. "Mark Douglas" wrote in message news:409ff451$1_1@newsprd01... > That's what I thought. Is there a way to override this? To have it dimension > at a different scale than it does by default. Due to us Stacking our > Viewports? > > Mark > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:409ff0e5$1_3@newsprd01... > > The dimension tools look at the "viewport scale" and determine the scale > > value to apply to the dimensions. > > > > "Mark Douglas" wrote in message > > news:409feda4$1_2@newsprd01... > > > I was wondering how the Dimension tools determine what the size of a > > object > > > is that its dimensioning. So if you have a drawing that has 3 scales on > > it. > > > How does the Dimension tools determine what scale to Dimension at? > > > > > > We just ran into this situation and are a little lost? > > > > > > Mark > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report