Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Changes when moved

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
danw
245 Views, 6 Replies

Dimension Changes when moved

Has anyone dimensioned something in a DWF file and then moved the dimension and found that it will change the dimension value. This occurs when the entire dimension is moved, not just one end or the other.

Is this a bug or is there something that can be done to keep this from occuring?

Thanks,
Dan
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: danw

Just tried to duplicate the same, no luck though. Would you be able to provide more specifics? HTH VJoseph "danw" wrote in message news:10106834.1109682531256.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Has anyone dimensioned something in a DWF file and then moved the dimension and found that it will change the dimension value. This occurs when the entire dimension is moved, not just one end or the other. > > Is this a bug or is there something that can be done to keep this from occuring? > > Thanks, > Dan
Message 3 of 7
danw

Hey, thanks for the response. I'm not sure how to better describe it so I've attached a dwf file that this is occuring on. The 17.11 dimension near the bottom center of the page is one dimension we are seeing this on. If you move it to another spot on the page (try upper left) it changes to 16.98.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Can you send the file to me directly please? Thanks VJoseph "danw" wrote in message news:15430683.1109855138671.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hey, thanks for the response. I'm not sure how to better describe it so I've attached a dwf file that this is occuring on. The 17.11 dimension near the bottom center of the page is one dimension we are seeing this on. If you move it to another spot on the page (try upper left) it changes to 16.98.
Message 5 of 7
danw

Sure thing, can you provide your email address?

Thanks,
Dan
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

volker dot joseph at autodesk dot com HTH VJoseph "danw" wrote in message news:6554859.1109876710324.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Sure thing, can you provide your email address? > > Thanks, > Dan
Message 7 of 7
myersb

Dan,

I just took a look at your file and am not seeing a problem unless I drag it almost off the paper. One piece of info that may help: dimensions are designed to detect the scale of viewports automatically, based on the location of the first point of the dimension. If you are using viewports on your drawing and move the dimension to a different viewport, or outside of a viewport completely, you will see the dimension change in value. It may seem kind of weird, but it's designed to help keep the dimension accurate.
Bill Myers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report