Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIM String Placement...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
plake04
268 Views, 4 Replies

DIM String Placement...

I new to this product and working through learning the capabilities/limitations. One question I have is...Is it possible to relocate dimension strings once you have created one? i.e. If it shows up one side of the object can I move it to the other side, if it interferes with a whole string of dimensions can I move above/below other dimensions in the string, etc. Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: plake04

Once a dim string is created you can drag it to another location with the selector (Select the selector tool first by typing the letter A.), and change its line and text formatting (text size and color and line weight and color) with the formatting toolbar buttons. Once it's placed it appears on top of a horizontal line, and, for a vertical line, to the left or right, depending on whether you pick the top or bottom point first.
Anne Marie, Autodesk Technical Publications
Message 3 of 5
plake04

Thank you.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

There's another adjustment you can make as well, to flip the dimension text to the other side. While holding down the "Shift" key on the keyboard, click on one of the dimension handles. A minor movement of the handle will flip the dim text to the other side of the dim line. Ben Kopf Autodesk Product Design "plake04" wrote in message news:29441735.1085400560234.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thank you.
Message 5 of 5
plake04

thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report