Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Free/Pay Dwf

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
charlineavey
636 Views, 8 Replies

Difference between Free/Pay Dwf

I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of the free DWF Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to uninstall the dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different between the free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper that requires the object code to be the same as the free one.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: charlineavey

Composer will work with your existing web site written for the DWF Viewer. There are some API migration paths if you are using a compiled language such as VB or C# when re-compiling with Composer. "charlineavey" wrote in message news:132127.1083691241260.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of the free DWF Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to uninstall the dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different between the free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper that requires the object code to be the same as the free one.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Hi John, Is there an API help file that comes with Composer? Is there a document available on the AutoDesk web site for reviewing changes to the API? Bob "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40982831$1_3@newsprd01... > Composer will work with your existing web site written for the DWF Viewer. > There are some API migration paths if you are using a compiled language such > as VB or C# when re-compiling with Composer. > > "charlineavey" wrote in message > news:132127.1083691241260.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of the free DWF > Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to uninstall the > dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different between the > free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper that requires > the object code to be the same as the free one. > >
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Bob - DWF Composer's online HELP has a section titled "Programmer's Guide: Introduction to the DWF Composer API". This section describes some of the differences between the "DWF Viewer" API and the "DWF Composer" API. It also provides a link to download the API document: http://www.autodesk.com/developdwfcomposer DWF Composer's online help is available within the DWF Composer application itself, or from the web: http://www.autodesk.com/dwfcomposer ----------------------------- Susan Scott Autodesk Viewers QA "Bob" wrote in message news:4098d93e$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi John, > > Is there an API help file that comes with Composer? Is there a document > available on the AutoDesk web site for reviewing changes to the API? > > Bob > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:40982831$1_3@newsprd01... > > Composer will work with your existing web site written for the DWF Viewer. > > There are some API migration paths if you are using a compiled language > such > > as VB or C# when re-compiling with Composer. > > > > "charlineavey" wrote in message > > news:132127.1083691241260.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of the free > DWF > > Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to uninstall > the > > dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different between the > > free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper that > requires > > the object code to be the same as the free one. > > > > > >
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Susan, The link you provided to API help is for DWF Viewer. It hasn't been updated for Composer. Is there any API help for using the mark-up tools in Composer? Thanks, Bob "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:4098e071$1_3@newsprd01... > Bob - > > DWF Composer's online HELP has a section titled "Programmer's Guide: > Introduction to the DWF Composer API". This section describes some of the > differences between the "DWF Viewer" API and the "DWF Composer" API. It > also provides a link to download the API document: > http://www.autodesk.com/developdwfcomposer > > DWF Composer's online help is available within the DWF Composer application > itself, or from the web: http://www.autodesk.com/dwfcomposer > > > ----------------------------- > Susan Scott > Autodesk Viewers QA > > "Bob" wrote in message news:4098d93e$1_2@newsprd01... > > Hi John, > > > > Is there an API help file that comes with Composer? Is there a document > > available on the AutoDesk web site for reviewing changes to the API? > > > > Bob > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > > message news:40982831$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Composer will work with your existing web site written for the DWF > Viewer. > > > There are some API migration paths if you are using a compiled language > > such > > > as VB or C# when re-compiling with Composer. > > > > > > "charlineavey" wrote in message > > > news:132127.1083691241260.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > > I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of the free > > DWF > > > Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to uninstall > > the > > > dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different between > the > > > free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper that > > requires > > > the object code to be the same as the free one. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Bob - the API's are the same for the 2 products, except for the differences called out in the DWF Composer HELP. My recommendation to you is: 1. read the DWF Composer introduction to the APIs 2. download the DWF Viewer API document and use it for your DWF Composer work. ------------------------- Susan Scott Autodesk Viewers QA "Bob" wrote in message news:409a5a81$1_2@newsprd01... > Susan, > > The link you provided to API help is for DWF Viewer. It hasn't been updated > for Composer. > > Is there any API help for using the mark-up tools in Composer? > > Thanks, > > Bob > > > "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message > news:4098e071$1_3@newsprd01... > > Bob - > > > > DWF Composer's online HELP has a section titled "Programmer's Guide: > > Introduction to the DWF Composer API". This section describes some of the > > differences between the "DWF Viewer" API and the "DWF Composer" API. It > > also provides a link to download the API document: > > http://www.autodesk.com/developdwfcomposer > > > > DWF Composer's online help is available within the DWF Composer > application > > itself, or from the web: http://www.autodesk.com/dwfcomposer > > > > > > ----------------------------- > > Susan Scott > > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > > "Bob" wrote in message news:4098d93e$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Hi John, > > > > > > Is there an API help file that comes with Composer? Is there a document > > > available on the AutoDesk web site for reviewing changes to the API? > > > > > > Bob > > > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote > in > > > message news:40982831$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > Composer will work with your existing web site written for the DWF > > Viewer. > > > > There are some API migration paths if you are using a compiled > language > > > such > > > > as VB or C# when re-compiling with Composer. > > > > > > > > "charlineavey" wrote in message > > > > news:132127.1083691241260.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > > > I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of the > free > > > DWF > > > > Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to > uninstall > > > the > > > > dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different between > > the > > > > free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper that > > > requires > > > > the object code to be the same as the free one. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Susan, The advantage that Composer has is markup. The DWF Viewer help does not mention markup API because there is no markup in DWF Viewer. Is there API help for markup commands with Composer? Bob "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:409a60e3$1_2@newsprd01... > Bob - the API's are the same for the 2 products, except for the differences > called out in the DWF Composer HELP. My recommendation to you is: > > 1. read the DWF Composer introduction to the APIs > 2. download the DWF Viewer API document and use it for your DWF Composer > work. > > ------------------------- > Susan Scott > Autodesk Viewers QA > > "Bob" wrote in message news:409a5a81$1_2@newsprd01... > > Susan, > > > > The link you provided to API help is for DWF Viewer. It hasn't been > updated > > for Composer. > > > > Is there any API help for using the mark-up tools in Composer? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Bob > > > > > > "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message > > news:4098e071$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Bob - > > > > > > DWF Composer's online HELP has a section titled "Programmer's Guide: > > > Introduction to the DWF Composer API". This section describes some of > the > > > differences between the "DWF Viewer" API and the "DWF Composer" API. It > > > also provides a link to download the API document: > > > http://www.autodesk.com/developdwfcomposer > > > > > > DWF Composer's online help is available within the DWF Composer > > application > > > itself, or from the web: http://www.autodesk.com/dwfcomposer > > > > > > > > > ----------------------------- > > > Susan Scott > > > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > > > > "Bob" wrote in message > news:4098d93e$1_2@newsprd01... > > > > Hi John, > > > > > > > > Is there an API help file that comes with Composer? Is there a > document > > > > available on the AutoDesk web site for reviewing changes to the API? > > > > > > > > Bob > > > > > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote > > in > > > > message news:40982831$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > Composer will work with your existing web site written for the DWF > > > Viewer. > > > > > There are some API migration paths if you are using a compiled > > language > > > > such > > > > > as VB or C# when re-compiling with Composer. > > > > > > > > > > "charlineavey" wrote in message > > > > > news:132127.1083691241260.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > > > > I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of the > > free > > > > DWF > > > > > Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to > > uninstall > > > > the > > > > > dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different > between > > > the > > > > > free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper that > > > > requires > > > > > the object code to be the same as the free one. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Bob - No, there are no APIs for markup in this release. All the APIs in DWF Composer are the same ones that are also in the DWF Viewer. We are looking to add some additional APIs to DWF Composer in the next release. ------------------------- Susan Scott Autodesk Viewers QA "Bob" wrote in message news:409a64b6$1_1@newsprd01... > Susan, > > The advantage that Composer has is markup. The DWF Viewer help does not > mention markup API because there is no markup in DWF Viewer. > > Is there API help for markup commands with Composer? > > Bob > > "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message > news:409a60e3$1_2@newsprd01... > > Bob - the API's are the same for the 2 products, except for the > differences > > called out in the DWF Composer HELP. My recommendation to you is: > > > > 1. read the DWF Composer introduction to the APIs > > 2. download the DWF Viewer API document and use it for your DWF Composer > > work. > > > > ------------------------- > > Susan Scott > > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > > "Bob" wrote in message news:409a5a81$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Susan, > > > > > > The link you provided to API help is for DWF Viewer. It hasn't been > > updated > > > for Composer. > > > > > > Is there any API help for using the mark-up tools in Composer? > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > Bob > > > > > > > > > "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message > > > news:4098e071$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > Bob - > > > > > > > > DWF Composer's online HELP has a section titled "Programmer's Guide: > > > > Introduction to the DWF Composer API". This section describes some of > > the > > > > differences between the "DWF Viewer" API and the "DWF Composer" API. > It > > > > also provides a link to download the API document: > > > > http://www.autodesk.com/developdwfcomposer > > > > > > > > DWF Composer's online help is available within the DWF Composer > > > application > > > > itself, or from the web: http://www.autodesk.com/dwfcomposer > > > > > > > > > > > > ----------------------------- > > > > Susan Scott > > > > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > > > > > > "Bob" wrote in message > > news:4098d93e$1_2@newsprd01... > > > > > Hi John, > > > > > > > > > > Is there an API help file that comes with Composer? Is there a > > document > > > > > available on the AutoDesk web site for reviewing changes to the API? > > > > > > > > > > Bob > > > > > > > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" > wrote > > > in > > > > > message news:40982831$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > Composer will work with your existing web site written for the DWF > > > > Viewer. > > > > > > There are some API migration paths if you are using a compiled > > > language > > > > > such > > > > > > as VB or C# when re-compiling with Composer. > > > > > > > > > > > > "charlineavey" wrote in message > > > > > > news:132127.1083691241260.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > > > > > I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of the > > > free > > > > > DWF > > > > > > Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to > > > uninstall > > > > > the > > > > > > dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different > > between > > > > the > > > > > > free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper that > > > > > requires > > > > > > the object code to be the same as the free one. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

OK, thanks Susan. I'll check back later! Bob "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message news:409a7220$1_3@newsprd01... > Bob - > > No, there are no APIs for markup in this release. All the APIs in DWF > Composer are the same ones that are also in the DWF Viewer. We are looking > to add some additional APIs to DWF Composer in the next release. > > ------------------------- > Susan Scott > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > "Bob" wrote in message news:409a64b6$1_1@newsprd01... > > Susan, > > > > The advantage that Composer has is markup. The DWF Viewer help does not > > mention markup API because there is no markup in DWF Viewer. > > > > Is there API help for markup commands with Composer? > > > > Bob > > > > "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message > > news:409a60e3$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Bob - the API's are the same for the 2 products, except for the > > differences > > > called out in the DWF Composer HELP. My recommendation to you is: > > > > > > 1. read the DWF Composer introduction to the APIs > > > 2. download the DWF Viewer API document and use it for your DWF Composer > > > work. > > > > > > ------------------------- > > > Susan Scott > > > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > > > > "Bob" wrote in message > news:409a5a81$1_2@newsprd01... > > > > Susan, > > > > > > > > The link you provided to API help is for DWF Viewer. It hasn't been > > > updated > > > > for Composer. > > > > > > > > Is there any API help for using the mark-up tools in Composer? > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > > Bob > > > > > > > > > > > > "Susan Scott [Autodesk]" wrote in message > > > > news:4098e071$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > Bob - > > > > > > > > > > DWF Composer's online HELP has a section titled "Programmer's Guide: > > > > > Introduction to the DWF Composer API". This section describes some > of > > > the > > > > > differences between the "DWF Viewer" API and the "DWF Composer" API. > > It > > > > > also provides a link to download the API document: > > > > > http://www.autodesk.com/developdwfcomposer > > > > > > > > > > DWF Composer's online help is available within the DWF Composer > > > > application > > > > > itself, or from the web: http://www.autodesk.com/dwfcomposer > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ----------------------------- > > > > > Susan Scott > > > > > Autodesk Viewers QA > > > > > > > > > > "Bob" wrote in message > > > news:4098d93e$1_2@newsprd01... > > > > > > Hi John, > > > > > > > > > > > > Is there an API help file that comes with Composer? Is there a > > > document > > > > > > available on the AutoDesk web site for reviewing changes to the > API? > > > > > > > > > > > > Bob > > > > > > > > > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" > > wrote > > > > in > > > > > > message news:40982831$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > > > > Composer will work with your existing web site written for the > DWF > > > > > Viewer. > > > > > > > There are some API migration paths if you are using a compiled > > > > language > > > > > > such > > > > > > > as VB or C# when re-compiling with Composer. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "charlineavey" wrote in message > > > > > > > > news:132127.1083691241260.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > > > > > > I purchased the DWF Composer. I have the current release of > the > > > > free > > > > > > DWF > > > > > > > Viewer on my machine when I installed Composer it asked me to > > > > uninstall > > > > > > the > > > > > > > dwf viewer. This is a problem if the object code is different > > > between > > > > > the > > > > > > > free one and the pay one because we have written a web rapper > that > > > > > > requires > > > > > > > the object code to be the same as the free one. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report