Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review scales measures by 10

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
gustavomello
1472 Views, 7 Replies

Design Review scales measures by 10

Hi, i´m working with revit 2012 and exporting dwf to open in design review 2013. But when i use the measurement tool the dimension i get is 10 times bigger than the original.

I´ve attached a snapshot of a dwfx with the dimensions from revit and design review, as you can see the dr's dimension is 10 times the revit's. The revit view is in 1:50 scale and i've configured the measure tool in dr to this scale. If i configure dr mesaure to 1:5 scale i get the right measure, but this is weird. Tried with a new project in revit and got the same error.

Any ideas of wht´s going wrong?

Thanks,

Gustavo

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: gustavomello

You might want to ask in the REVIT forum about exporting to DWF and scales. ADR only reads what is presented to it, it doesn't do much else.
Message 3 of 8
gustavomello
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your suggestion, i´ll try that. But i don't know if DR couldn't be doing something wrong. Since we can use different settings on how to deal with scales i think DR could have problems with this.

Thanks again,

Gustavo

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Without a DWF I can't judge the issue in the detail you seek.
Message 5 of 8
gustavomello

Hi Dean, i was about to post here when i received your message. I think i found a solution:

When setting units and scale in DR, if i set "units from the drawing from which this sheet was published" to mm and "units to which drawing units will be converted when displaying measurements" to cm i get the correct dimensions in DR.

This doesn´t make sense to me since revit units are set to cm, so i would expect the dwf to be in cm too. Is my logic correct? Does revit have a fixed "base" unit (mm) that is tied to the exported files independent of the units set by the user? Or something like that?

Anyway i've attached a simple dwf test that behaves the exact same way the file i was working on so you can take a look if you want.

Thank you for your interest,

Gustavo

Message 6 of 8
pendean

In ADR 2013, with units set to Drawing as well as Display Units set to CM and a scale of 1:5 your two dimensions are correctly measured (620 and 375).

ScreenShot001.png

Message 7 of 8
gustavomello

Yes, but the drawing is in 1:50.  I'll stick to the mm setting in the darwing units even revit units being set to cm. I think working with the right scale makes more sense, and i won't have to set DR scale to 1:0.5 if i have a 1:5 drawing. I'l keep trying to understand this behavior and if i come to a answer i post here.

Thank you for your help,

Gustavo

Message 8 of 8
pendean

All I can see and test is that your DWF is at 1:5. Remember, a DWF is just a print, like on paper. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't change on it's own.

Like I wrote earlier, you probably need additional guidance or help from the REVIT forum and the REVIT users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report