Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review Printing Question\Assistance Please

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rossjacobson
1413 Views, 7 Replies

Design Review Printing Question\Assistance Please

Hello,
When we bring up drawings to print in Design Review, and want to print them in the 17 x 1` tabloid paper, the drawing is shrunk down in the setting area. It does not fill the entire page when printed to a 17 x 11 sheet, we had adjusted all the printing properties, settings, etc that we can think of. Scaling is at "fit to page", print range is at "current sheet only", paper is "17 x 11", but the preview has the paper shrunk down on the sheet. Below that is says, original size 900.6 x 720.2, paper size 17 x 11, print full page, etc. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thank you for your time. Edited by: rossjacobson on Mar 27, 2010 7:37 PM
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
whtank
in reply to: rossjacobson

Thank you for your question.
I notice there is one option named ‘View' in the ‘Print Range' tab which you did not mention. Please set the view option as ‘Full Page' if you have used ‘Current View'.
Please let me know if this can be of help.
-Tank from Autodesk

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
rossjacobson

Hi Tank,
Thank you for the response.

I set the view to full page in view under print range, and the drawing still does not fill out the full 17 x 11 page, it printed out three 17 x 11 sheets, the first one have the shrunken\smaller view of the drawing, and the next two were blank. Is there something else I can check? Thank you for assisting with this issue.
Message 4 of 8
rossjacobson

Hello, just wondering if anyone else has any ideas on this issue?? Thanks!
Message 5 of 8
whtank

What size of paper is stored in your printer? If the size of the paper stored in your printer is A4 but you select ‘17x11' as the output size, then this issue you mentioned can happen.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 8
rossjacobson

We have two sizes of paper stored in our printer 8 1/2 x 11 and the 17 x 11 paper.
Message 7 of 8

ur company we distribute DWF drawings all over the world. We have simple 2D DWF paper sheets that since ADR 2010 do NOT fitting the paper.

I have tested all settings but nothing change the location of my scrinked drawing. Today we typically have a 1 inch border but on right side it can even be 1.5 inch. Our users are very puzzeled when they create publications and customer quotations into PDF with a drawing that is not presented correctly on a single piece of paper.

Our drawing system is very OLD and our DWF files are classic DWF 4/5 (NOT version 6).

What I noticed is that if I open this on a US Letter side setup ADR it will fit better then if I open it on european A4 paper size but still our margins remains to big...

Do you have any solutions to this?

Could it be that we can set up a default paper size / installation?

Message 8 of 8

I send over a picture of 2 examples where we have problems.

Our users do NOT modify anything in ADR, VoloView, DWF Viewer, WHIP or any of the viewers they use. They only print it or create PDF.

Is it possible for me in format V00.42 or v00.50 to set an A4 size or Letter size paper border?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report