Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review Performance 2009 vs. 2010 vs. 2011 and QTO

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
autodesk14606
675 Views, 1 Reply

Design Review Performance 2009 vs. 2010 vs. 2011 and QTO

I have been very frustrated with Design Review 2011. It takes VERY long to open and manipulate several larger files (1.5MB dwf and 2.5MB dwfx). I have the same issues on both my Windows 7 Power Tower and my XP notebook PC. Has anyone else noticed poor performance in ADR 2011 and 2010? And/or suggestions to improve performance? I ended up uninstalling and going back to ADR 2009 which is VERY quick and responsive with the same files.

Also, I am looking forward to Autodesk Quantity Takeoff (QTO) 2011. Curious how ADR and QTO are dependant upon each other and impact each others performance.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lundbea
in reply to: autodesk14606

Hi,
ADR 2010 and 2011 have slower startup due to relying on .NET. Performance will be significantly faster the second time the application is started because parts of .NET will be already be loaded.

Re: QTO, I asked the PM in charge of QTO to comment and hopefully he'll be able to post to this thread.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report