Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review for MAC users

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
geraldsiu
14187 Views, 13 Replies

Design Review for MAC users

Will this download (design review 2009) work for MAC users?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: geraldsiu

autodesk.com/designreview

according to the system specs on the site... 'no' not natively...

geraldsiu wrote:
> Will this download (design review 2009) work for MAC users?
Message 3 of 14
jmcadres

If you have Boot Camp on your MAC (you do if your OS is Leopard), you can install Design Review on the Windows partition. Or you could run Design Review via Parallels or VMware Fusion. These are two of the more popular Windows Virtual Machines on the market. I've been running Design Review on a MAC (via VMware fusion) for a while and it works fine.

John
Message 4 of 14
Mulchmat

Can you edit drawings and return them to the sender? How well does the processor handle the task?Thanks
Message 5 of 14
jmcadres

Yes, you can edit them and return to sender. My processor handles the task just fine. Do it.

John
Message 6 of 14
jcarpenter

If i wanted to put the autodesk design review on my mac computer, would i have to download it like an app?

Message 7 of 14
pendean
in reply to: jcarpenter

ADR is not made for the MAC OS, just Microsoft Windows, you would have to install a Window Emulator first. here are the system requirements:

http://usa.autodesk.com/design-review/system-requirements/

Explore this topic if you must have an app for MAC:

http://ideatesolutions.blogspot.com/2011/08/dwf-for-mac.html

Message 8 of 14
scottmoyse
in reply to: pendean

Whats the point in using McDwiff when you have more functionality with Autodesk360?

It woudl be kick **** if it had the same markup tools as Design Review Desktop does

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 9 of 14
JohnHolder

Does anyone even use macdwf?  Everyone that I know that have tried it complains about having to pay $9.99 for it and what a waste of money and time it was downloading it.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 10 of 14
pendean
in reply to: JohnHolder

Be a consumer: you buy something that blows then contact the manufacturer and complain. Work up a gorup and hit their blogs and customer service lines hard. Voicing your opinions over here, whiel helpful, does nothing to change the facts of that software.

Sadly, you all will just have to wait for Autodesk to catch up with their Mac platform of products somehow, in the meantime what's out there is all you got to pick from 😞

Message 11 of 14
JohnHolder
in reply to: pendean

Very true.  It does not affect me since I use ADR or Freedom.

I feel bad for the people who use macs and just completely lose out on viewing the 3d files.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
Message 12 of 14
scottmoyse

They can view them on a mac via Autodesk 360. But that doesn't allow for any kind of useful & traceable markup process What's freedom? Regards Scott Moyse Sent from my iPhone ##################################################################################### This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal #####################################################################################

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 13 of 14
JohnHolder
in reply to: scottmoyse

Navisworks Freedom - the free navisworks viewer

you can drop in an avatar and walk around.  REALLY nice for clients to 'see' the site.

I usually recomend Freedom over ADR for just viewing 3d files.

Master Yoda.
Message 14 of 14
scottmoyse

Cool cheers Regards Scott Moyse Sent from my iPhone ##################################################################################### This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal #####################################################################################

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums